All reviews oyster point walking path water view san francisco front desk small pool marriott properties starbucks coffee business trip free parking restaurants within walking distance grand avenue up to date oysters would stay again pleasant stay parking lot
Reviewed 12 December 2017

I stayed two nights as part of a work-related training group. Our training was in the South of Market (SOMA) neighborhood of San Fran, so our hosts put us up in the quieter Oyster Point area. The Courtyard hotel has spacious rooms and comfortable beds. Cleanliness prevailed throughout, from lobby to hallways to room to bathroom, and I love the outward-curving shower curtain rod. I consider a bathroom fan a must, and was pleased to find one here.
The room is equipped with a small refrigerator, coffeemaker, ironing board and iron. A comfy loveseat provides extra seating. I like that the lamps have electrical outlets on them; handy for all your devices in all parts of the room.
The indoor pool is nice, with its accompanying jacuzzi. The fitness room is small, with 3 or 4 walkers/bikers and a set of weights. A walking/jogging/biking path follows the edge of the bay just outside the hotel.
The onsite restaurant has really good food in the most casual of settings (really part of the lobby), but it's quite pricey, so budget accordingly. The closest alternate (likely cheaper) restaurant area is downtown South San Fran, about a mile and a half walk or drive. There may also be new places in the new development just to the south, which would definitely be easily walkable.
My room (facing north) was quiet, with a nothing-special view of the parking lot. East-side rooms would have a bay view. My colleagues who stayed in western-facing rooms complained of train noise.

Room Tip: Avoid western-facing rooms to avoid train noise.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
GM SFO Oyster P... M, General Manager at Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Thank you for sharing your experiences of your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you have a great visit with us.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

We were looking for a nice, clean hotel in a safe neighborhood for a quick weekend adventure in San Francisco. This choice definitely met those requirements. Very clean place with a very nice staff. Nice location in an area surrounded with large office buildings, primarily pharmaceutical companies. Being a weekend, the area was not very busy. We had a 2 queen room with a water view which was pretty spacious for three people. My only complaint would be about the bistro. We did not actually eat there, but we did meet the other couple in our party for drinks. As we had arrived in the area early morning, we were ready for a cocktail fairly early, if you call 4:30pm early. On Friday, the bistro only serves Starbucks until 5pm. We decided to wait and have one drink before heading out to eat. There were not many appetizers to choose from, so we each just ordered a drink. The alcoholic beverages were pretty outrageous in price. I would expect that range of prices in a nice restaurant with a lounge, but it did not offer enough for us to want to stay and pay for more than one drink.
We did not take advantage of either the work out equipment or the pool, but they looked fine. There is a nice walking trail that I would have liked to have used if we had stayed longer.
Overall, I would definitely recommend staying here for a business trip or if you planned on spending most of your time downtown SF or traveling around the area. There is not a lot to choose from in the area to eat out. I
This place is what it intends to be, a nice business travel location.

Stayed: December 2017
Reviewed 17 November 2017

I checked in late at night after my flight. At check in I requested an upgrade and was told the hotel was full. However checking online there was plenty of availability. They dont even offer water complimentary. The bed and room was simple and nice. loved the bedding!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank yisroel p
GM SFO Oyster P... M, General Manager at Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Our apologizes you did not get an upgrade when requested. We will look into this further.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Overall, I️ had a good experience. This Courtyard is located very close to the airport. It’s in a nice part of town with several other hotels close by. The beds were comfortable. There is a coffee bar in the lobby with breakfast options for purchase. Overall, I️ had a good experience...

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
GM SFO Oyster P... M, General Manager at Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Thank you for your feedback about your visit. We are glad you have a good stay with us.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

This hotel was nice--they put me on the 4th floor with a nice view of the water. The hotel has free parking and has a nice lobby area with a restaurant. The front desk was very kind and helpful when checking in. There's a small pool which would be nice for kids and a nice trail outside for walking around the water. It's in a peaceful area near the airport and is convenient. Room was standard but nice with a good desk, nice bed, comfortable couch. Rooms were quiet--didn't hear much around me. Overall, it suits its purpose.

Room Tip: Highest floor overlooking water
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
GM SFO Oyster P... M, General Manager at Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

fattery,

Thank you for your patronage and feedback about your visit. We are glad we met the needs for your visit to the area.