“Consistently Good”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2018

I really like this place. Mostly have had lunch here with an occasional dinner. Good service and food. I have ordered something different here every time and enjoyed it. But, their seafood kind of separates them from a 4 to a 5.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

To begin with Danny was a great waiter. He explained the live options.
He delivered very good service.
I ordered the live shrimp. They were very large. They were prepared pepper salt. With green onions and cilantro. They were cooked perfectly. Moist and tender.
Though I did not try any they did have live lobster, clams and crabs. (Next time)
I also ordered the pork with Peking style sauce. That was actually the best that I had at any Chinese restaurant. They were slightly crispy and the Peking sauce was delicious.
I would come back for these two dishes. But I really can't wait to try other dishes. I saw a beef dish on its way to another table which looked great.
I highly recommend going here.

1  Thank GeorgeDubiecki
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Good food. Good variety to pick from. Make reservations if large party (6-10 people) all their house specials are good. Especially sweet and sour pork and house tofu and noodles with crab Also French beef

Reviewed 13 February 2017

A surprisingly GOOD Chinese Restaurant IN PASADENA (I usually go to Chinatown)!

The highlight of the meal was the FRIED PORK CHOPS. It was fried to perfection, nice and crispy on the outside but tender and moist on the inside. SO delicious, it had a really nice flavor.

The duck was a close second and we'll give third place to the honey mayo shrimp. All three were SOLID DISHES! The rest of the food were also pretty good.

Oak Tree Inn was very clean and looked "new", not like your typical run down Chinese restaurants in Chinatown. The service was also one of THE BEST I've had AT a Chinese restaurant. Let's face it, service usually sucks at Chinese restaurants. Our waiter was very friendly, attentive, and helpful.......AND the food came out right away. It's probably because we came here for a late lunch on a Saturday so they weren't that busy.

Prices were very reasonable and they have a FREE parking lot.

I'd definitely go back next time I'm craving Chinese food in Pasadena.

2  Thank Thrillafromanila
Reviewed 24 January 2017

Good food, very reasonably priced. The dining room is very modest, but the fish is fresh, and the service is typical of a family Chinese restaurant. Great place to pop in for a bite.