“Good restaurant”

CROSSINGS
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Bar, Fusion, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Crossings is a beautifully built, fine dining restaurant located in the historic Mission District of South Pasadena. We offer modern interpretations of classic American food focused on serving only the best ingredients available. Food is prepared in our open kitchen located in the center of the first floor of the brick and mortar building first constructed in 1908. The extensive and always growing wine program is housed in a wine loft, located between the first and second floors, completely visible from the first floor dining room and street. Behind the building is a beautiful patio, nestled under the branches of a 100 year old oak tree and right next to the Metro Gold Line light rail, offering a very urban experience. Upstairs at Crossings features two more dining rooms to enjoy the food, service, and ambience of Crossings. We look forward to helping create a wonderful experience for you at Crossings!
Reviewed 12 October 2017

I went back to Crossings after several years. The ambience is very pleasant and elegant without being overwhelming. I had the fish special, sea bass, and it was cooked to perfection. It was accompanied by a tasty sauce and vegetables. My friend and I shared an apple cobbler also very tasty. The only negative aspect of the evening was receiving a bill that included $48 for wine that we had not had. We pointed the mistake to the waiter and she corrected it. This may have been a genuine error, but it left a rather sour taste in our mouths -- what if we had not realized? Still I would give the restaurant another try.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I really like this restaurant.
The service, the ambiance, the food, the wine list, everything has always been Amazing.

My friend and I tried dineLA one time and it was such a great deal! for $49 a three course menu, I could of done without the desserts they weren't my favorite.

Oysters on the Half Shell were fresh and delicious, with mignonette, lemon and cocktail sauce. Mmmmm....$16 for the half order

I think they could improve the cesar salad a bit, I wouldnt pay $12 for it, on the regular menu. But it was ok for the dinela menu. I've had salad served in that style before and I don't mind it, but for that price I need a little more lettuce lol.

The Filet Mignon was served with a Thyme reduction, mashed potato, haricot vert. Cooked perfectly. Not the best hunk of filet mignon but pretty good for $39.

There are wine bottles that are as cheap as $40 which is great.

Our server both times was attentive and an amazing server.
Can't wait to go back.
Its a perfect place for a date.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

The restaurant is open and spacious...a real luxury these days given that real estate is so expensive. Plus plenty of free street parking another perk. We dine out a lot and the Crossing is by far one of the best dinning experience ever. First of all there are no heat lamps and the food comes to your table HOT off the grill or stove top. I love my food to be hot and stay hot until I finish the last bite. Our entree were cooked to perfection and the sides perfectly complimented the meal. There is a tad of Latin infusion in many of the dishes, Spanish chorizo and puréed hot peppers which really pop. The dessert was fab, strawberry shortcake...biscuit with the perfect crunch!! Go, go..U will love it too!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Good food great wines nice atmosphere make for a fun evening. Staff is attentive and knowledgeable, food served fresh and hot. Only draw back noise which is status quo for restaurants anymore but as one gets older it's harder to tolerate.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

On our most recent visit, we were well pleased on all counts. Oysters Rockefeller demanded that the last delicious bits and juice be carefully drained and taken up. The halibut, an easy fish to mess up with the slightest overcooking, was perfectly done to near translucence. The swordfish was praised. I preferred the creme brulee to the strawberry shortcake [too sweet and cakey for my taste]. The Sancerre,part of an interesting well-chosen wine list, was very good and service was excellent. I suppose it can get noisy, but that Saturday night it wasn't, so a good time was had by all. Yes, it is expensive.