“Charm Vegan - Can't Tell The Difference”
Review of Charm Vegan

Charm Vegan
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Have eaten here at least 5 times this year. It's always, always the same. Always easy to get a table, always easy to order, no wait time and you sit down in a relaxing, tranquil environment, any time night or day. This is not bland, bad-tasting vegan food that your grandparents ate. This is nouveau-vegan and you can't tell the difference (from non-vegan food). The owners know exactly how to spice and present the excellent vegan food that they have. An amazingly large menu with varied dishes, means you will not be eating the same item twice. I cannot recognize and recommend this oasis on Fair Oaks highly enough. Relax, unwind and enjoy healthy vegan at a fantastic price (and you can dine in or take out).

1  Thank Bill M

Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

I was visiting family in East LA and wanted to find a nice vegan place for lunch. After doing search, Charm Vegan came up as the nearest place, so we thought we give it a try. One in the party is in a wheelchair, so this restaurant's easy access was important.

It's a smaller place (seats just over 30 people). The staff is friendly and the food is good. It is a quiet place, a definite plus, with reasonable prices. Will definitely visit again on future trips.

Reviewed 27 January 2016

I've been coming here for a few years now and have always had a good meal.
The service is very good, the staff is so friendly and greet you with smiles.
It is very clean and spartan and in a mini mall with ample parking for local business.

The food is very fresh and simple. Right now our favorites are crispy orange tofu, the dish with pumpkin, eggplant and tofu, the pumpkin fried rice and the sauteed eggplant with brown rice. We order different levels of spice depending on who is dining with us.

It is a great place to unwind with nice calming background music.
If they had cushions on their chairs I would linger.

Reviewed 4 January 2016

Thanks to Groupon, we were able to try this place on two separate occasions. Both times the service was excellent. The portion on all their dishes are very generous, enough for two meals.

As other reviews have said, the Crispy Orange Tofu is excellent! Right amount of crunch and not overly sweet, this is definitely a dish I can eat all my myself. You have to get this when you come.

The Pineapple Fried Rice with Shrimp was interesting. It is on the sweet side. So if you don't like your fried rice sweet, don't get it. Oh they also add raisins to the fried rice which was rather unique.

For those that like ginger, be sure to get the Ginger Mushroom (with Shrimp). Lots of ginger and also very light.

If I'm ever in the neighborhood and have a sudden vegan craving, I would definitely stop by this place!

Reviewed 13 June 2015

I came here last week. It was my first time. I am not a vegan; however, am aware of the benefit of healthy eating. I ordered their pad see ew and jungle curry which I wanted extra spicy. Both were ordered with tofu. The pad see ew was just so so. The noodles used in the dish were too broken, and the only vegetable used was broccoli. There were not much seasoning in this dish. I won't order this one again.
On the other hand, the jungle curry was very tasty and there was plenty of vegetables in it. I will definitely order this one again.
I enjoyed Charmed Vegan and will come back in the future.