“Great chicken”
Review of Cafe Cruz

Cafe Cruz
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Cruz is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Soquel
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2017

My boyfriend took me to the restaurant for our anniversary. The place was very noisy and was not cozy for romantic dinner, too much going on, people coming and going, and kids running around. The food was very tasty but high in calories, not for dieters, but for comfort food seekers. Good for that but not for special occasions.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Staying in Santa Cruz for the weekend, but we wanted to get out of the hustle and bustle for dinner, and found Café Cruz in nearby Soquel. We made reservations, and we are glad we did, because, apparently we weren't the first people to hear about this awesome little restaurant! Dining inside, and outside. Great ambiance, great service and an excellent selection of entree's. I wish I lived close and could go back. We started with a cheese plate that I can't say enough about. I could have had that for my entrée. 3 tasty cheeses, crostini, dates, candied walnuts, some sort of fruit compote, little chocolates, strawberries.... Why did we even order dinner. Then dinner arrived, and we knew exactly why we ordered entrees. My fiancé's Sea Bass was cooked and seasoned perfectly, and my Risosto was excellent. So many flavors on my fork with every bite. The short wait for our table was more than offset by the excellent food and service. Treat yourself to Café Cruz.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

I just realized I have never reviewed cafe cruz. Lived in Santa Cruz for 40 plus years, went to cafe cruz a lot for special occasions. Had sons wedding rehearsal dinner there. Thus is a top restaurant in Santa Cruz area. Always great food, wine and desserts. Hi I got moved to Novato I will miss cafe Cruz a lot . You need to go and enjoy.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

I have dined here mainly with group celebrations and also for special evenings out.Have never once been disappointed with food or service - they accomodate our parties with ease and grace as well as have interesting specials that please everyone. Pricing very fair - lunch amazing! They are always well patronized and their Local reputation consistent. I have always come away pleased, as have my fellow diners. This is saying something in this age of uncertainty about menus,quality,etc. - Cafe Cruz always delivers on atmosphere, quality, presentation and service - A GREAT addition to Soquel/Capitola dining scene and definitely ahead of its time!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Definitely try the fried artichoke hearts and the half sando/soup special is the best deal in town. Bar seating gets sketch after 6 so get there by 5 and enjoy HH.