“Great breakfast, great staff, great location, great room!”

Inn at Sonoma, A Four Sisters Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We came to Sonoma for a wedding and found a great "Buy one night get one free" deal on the hotel's website - so we figured we would give it a shot. The location was great for walking, you are one block from the town square area where all the shops, restaurants (we found a great Himalayan place tucked away here!), and a few blocks from a CVS (where I bought the toiletries and makeup I had forgotten). If you are driving, look for their little sign right before the gas station - we almost missed it!

But once we were inside it was oddly idyllic, the counter staff was polite and attentive - we were walked to our room and given a short tour of the lobby and had an overview of the amenities. The bed was very comfortable, and we were happy to find that the Wifi worked just fine for some work we had to get done while out of town.

The breakfast was more than enough for us (cereals, toast, jams and butters, potatoes, a great egg quiche thingy, hard boiled eggs, and fruit!), and the staff was sure to keep it stocked and warm. And they have fresh baked cookies during the day in the lobby! Our favorite thing was having coffee/tea available at all times - as we had some early mornings and a busy schedule - and i was able to enjoy a cup of tea while sitting on our spacious balcony or the amazing fireplace.

If you can find the deal that we got, I would recommend this place to anyone. They even have a computer you can use to print things in the lobby (we used it to print our airline boarding passes to make our early morning flight easier). We hope to be able to return soon!

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor near the coffee/tea station which was great to quickly run to (in p...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Inn at Sonoma, A Four Sisters Inn

Reviewed 13 March 2012

We loved our room . Comforatable, clean, cozy with fireplace - be sure to ask for a room with the front view over the parking lot. We had a view over the building next door..... They sell this as a cross between a bed and breakfast and an inn....We only did breakfast the first day and then abandonned it for the toast at Basque Bakery. Maybe my expectations were too high... but I've had better breakfast at a Hampton Inn. The breads/pastries were all supermarket quality and they had a little pie plate of a crustless quiche
I guess you could call it and supermarket hasbrowns that were not "browned" at all.....The egg dish was ok, but there was no meat to be found - bacon, sausage - chicken sausage even woudl have been nice....
Would stay here again, but plan to eat breakfast elsewhere.

Room Tip: ask for room looking at over the front parking lot
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine K
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Came with my wife to tour Sonoma wine country. The room had a roomy balcony, fireplace and excellent bed. Staff was very helpful and the breakfasts were outstanding, with quiches, omelets, granola and fresh fruits I probably overdid the coffee it was so good.

I would definitely recommend it to anyone coming to Sonoma for the first time , like us.

Room Tip: In the winter would get a fireplace.
Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I just spend a terrific weekend in Sonoma. The Inn is one block from the square, centrally located to wineries and wonderful restaurants. We arrived early, expected to pre-check in (mostly to park) and was surprised to be able to fully check into our room. Staff graciously provided us with a bike map and we were on our way to local wineries, with 2 for one tasting coupons! We ended our first day at Girl and the Fig.

The next morning we had to get up early to go kayaking and staff made sure we were able to catch breakfast before we left. The neighboring countryside is beautiful and too many small wineries to count. We enjoyed the afternoon snack of cheese, crackers and veggies. Second night was better than the first at La Salette.

Four Sisters Inn is not as personable as a "home owned" but the staff is friendly and were responsive to any of our requests. We enjoyed the closeness to the square and the local area.

The Inn has a small hot tub upstairs: next time I will ask for a room upstairs to make its use easier.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs if you want to use the hot tub.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ZionHiker
Reviewed 18 February 2012

My wife and I traveled to the Napa Valley to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. We had only been there one other time, for ½ day, with our kids when they were young. Obviously, we were looking forward to this "adult" trip.
We visited so many wineries that I lost count. Although we tasted several wines, we didn't taste at all wineries we visited. There is so much unique architecture and great scenery to see in the area that wine tasting sometimes became secondary. We also drove to the coast to see Bodaga Bay and the nearby light house (that was fogged in as usual, but still neat to see). That area has some great seaside clifts and vistas as you drive Highway 1 along the coast.
After researching the internet and Tripadvisor for a place to stay, I decided on the INN AT SONOMA, and the choice was perfect. Sonoma is centrally located in the valley, so it was easy to go any direction for winery visits and sightseeing. The INN is very nice, with comfortable rooms (each with a fireplace), and a good sized bathroom. It is located right in the quaint downtown of Sonoma, so many good restaurants are within walking distance. The INN has a list of all those restaurants and will recommend their favorites. My wife and I really liked the included breakfast buffet - it always had a different main dish and several breads, fruits, yogurts, juices, etc. We also enjoyed the cheese and wine served each afternoon. It made opportunity to relax while meeting other guests.
When, not if, I visit Napa Valley again I will seriously consider staying at the Inn at Sonoma. Try it, you'll like!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ALBCS
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonoma
0.6 km away
10.6 km away
Olea Hotel
Olea Hotel
#1 of 2 in Glen Ellen

Been to Inn at Sonoma, A Four Sisters Inn? Share your experiences!