“Disappointed”
Review of El Pueblo Inn

El Pueblo Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I had high hopes for El Pueblo after reading the reviews. The room was fine and it was a great deal with the Girls Getaway Weekend rate. However, the staff was not very helpful about places in the area and have charged too much on my credit card. When I pointed this out they said, repeatedly "oh, that is just how much is authorized it will release the rest in 5-10 business days." I explained that I paid the majority of the charge with a deposit and according to all of the information I had, I only owed $10.00. However, there was two $30.00 charges on my card that were "authorized." So I had to leave, hoping they will be released and not actually charged because I couldn't stand there and argue about math anymore. I had a flight to catch.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carrie B

Reviewed 13 March 2012

We stayed at the El Pueblo in March and were really impressed. The room we were in was a good size and it was really, really clean.

The motel's outside appearance was inviting and welcoming.

The desk clerk was friendly and very helpful. We were truly impressed.

The breakfast was plentiful and good. We would highly recommend this motel as the place to stay in Sonoma. It was a great night's stay for the value.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank PERRYTRAVELER
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed in a Sonoma room which was indeed more spacious and had a patio on the beautiful central garden. It seemed like the room had been fairly recently refurbished. The room was very clean, had a sitting area with two easy chairs that could recline, and a bench inside the doorway. There was freshly squeezed orange juice for breakfast, along with fresh strawberries and a variety of fruit. It is located on a busy corner, however, we did not hear traffic in our room. El Pueblo Inn is a cut above Holiday Inn/Comfort Inn at about the same price.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My husband & I stayed at the El Pueblo Inn last weekend while we visited wine country. The room was nice...it was spacious and had 2 nice recliners. It was very clean and had great amenities (fridge, safe, coffee maker, blow dryer etc...). They had a nice continental breakfast every morning. It wasn't anything special...just pastries, fruit and cereal, but it was nice that it was available. We did have a couple issues during this stay. When my husband originally booked the room he specifically requested a room with a fireplace. We were assured that we would have one when we arrived. Upon entering our room, we found that we did NOT have the fireplace we requested. When asking about it, we were told that it was not notated on our reservation even though we specifically requested it and that there were no rooms with fireplaces available. Also, the bed was very uncomfortable. I woke up with backaches every morning because the mattress was overly firm. And finally, the blow dryer was terrible. It normally only takes me about 5 minutes to dry my hair, but with this dryer it took me 15 minutes - it hardly blew any air or heat. Other than those small issues, it was a good stay and we would consider staying there again. Like I said, they were just small issues and nothing major that would prevent us from staying there again - it was a great value for our money.

Room Tip: Rooms near the front office and downstairs are loud. We could hear people leaving every morning and...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fauneil
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Before booking with El Pueblo I read all of the reviews. I found that information lacked on the abobe suite, which was what we ended up booking. It is a fantastic room for a family. It was very spacious, had a day bed w/a trundle bed in the living area which comfortable sleeps 2. A door separated the bedroom, that had wonderfully comfortable king bed in it. Our view was of a lovely, tiny, backyard vineyard from one window. Black out blinds kept it nice and dark so we could sleep in. Plenty of sunlight if you open the blinds though! We had a flat screen t.v. in our bedroom which was great. also had a coffee pot, w/coffee, creamers, hot chocolate, tea, and biscotti (how nice is that?)The t.v. in the living area was a large flat screen w/built in dvd player (a big hit w/my 9 yr. old son). In the living room there was a desk where we hooked up our computer. There were also 2 large chairs (one reclined) and table where we sat and played cards and shared our bottle of wine. There was ample storage (closet, drawers etc.) The bathroom was great b/c it had 2 doors on either end. One door connected to the bedroom and the other to the living area. The bathroom also had 2 basins (a huge plus when there are multiple people getting ready in the morning!). The room was VERY clean. We also had a safe in the event we needed it. We were so comfortable and felt like it was our home away from home. I noticed some people commented on the old furnishings and tile etc. I can't speak for the other rooms, but we found all of our furnishings in the suite to be just fine. Sure the tile color and tub color was outdated, but who cares? it was clean and well kept. We did not get to take advantage of the spa/pool, bikes, or the exercise room The walk into town is a brisk one (just about one mile) unless you are a walker, you should probably drive. my mom and son complained about it the whole way so we got a taxi back! The continental breakfast was more than enough to get a great start to the day. No, it's not a 7 course meal, but there were nice, fresh pastries, fruits, hard boiled eggs, cereals, coffee, nice selection of tea, yogurts, v-8 juice, apple, orange juice, more biscotti (this time w/chocolate), cream, nf, whole and soymilk. I have not been to a hotel that offered soy milk w/their breakfast and that impressed me greatly. i usually bring my own b/c i can never find it. The property itself was very pretty and maintained well. There was no noise, although they were completely booked the weekend we were there. Front desk staff was very accomodating and friendly. It is w/n very close distance to a jack in the box and a sonoma market which strikes me as a whole foods type of store. I really can't say enough about how much we loved our stay and will absolutely stay there again on our next trip to sonoma!

Room Tip: Adobe suite is the way to go for a family of 4 or if you just want more space!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank a187gal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonoma
1.3 km away
9.3 km away
Olea Hotel
Olea Hotel
#1 of 2 in Glen Ellen

Been to El Pueblo Inn? Share your experiences!