My wife and I started here on our trip down the Pacific Coast Highway. Having done Napa but not Sonoma, we were looking for a nice place to crash after wine tours before we hit route 1. The grounds here are stunning. The cottages are nicely appointed and the fireplace is a great touch. The pool (heated) and hot tub were popular even in 48 degree weather. The lodge is a stunning place to sit and sip coffee, which they make available in the lobby. A gigantic fireplace in the main lodge is warm and welcoming. Tranquil. Evening wine tastings showcase local wineries. The staff is very helpful and the valet gets to know you quickly!
A couple of things about the hotel that I don't quite understand - they charge $17/night for parking even though there is ample parking on the property. They also charge a $32 resort fee year around. While the hotel offers morning yoga, a daily hike and wine walk, I'm not sure I fully understand the resort fee, especially while they are working on updating the grounds and many of the outdoor seating areas are out of commission. I was particularly befuddled by the parking fees, given that you don't have to pay to park anywhere else in Sonoma.
Overall a great stay and a wonderful start to our trip down the PCH!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy vibrant charm in a tranquil setting at The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa. Nestled in gorgeous Sonoma Valley, our impeccable Wine Country resort in Sonoma, California sits less than an hour north of San Francisco and is centrally located among the country's finest wineries in Sonoma and Napa. Showcasing the incredible beauty of the valley, our accommodations combine authentically artisan surroundings with contemporary facilities to create a haven of casual sophistication. The award-winning Raindance Spa in our Sonoma Valley resort offers the ultimate in reflection, revitalization and romance. Carneros Bistro at our resort features local wines and innovative cuisine with Mediterranean influences. In a hurry? Try Bean & Bottle, our wine & coffee bar with locally inspired items to-go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Sonoma Renaissance Resort And Spa
- The Lodge At Sonoma Renaissance Hotel Sonoma
- Hotel Sonoma Renaissance
- Lodge Sonoma
- Renaissance Sonoma
- Sonoma Renaissance