All reviews continental breakfast make your own waffles waffle maker jetted tub within walking distance sliding glass door second floor balcony overlooking the pool yogurt hotel location pleasant stay in town dvd player small town nice room wine tasting plenty of parking
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Close to downtown, but noisy being on the street.
Average rooms, cold, bare minimum facilities.
Breakfast is namesake, cold and tasteless.. least they can do is serve 'hot' coffee..
average experience.

Room Tip: rooms far away from main road, might be quiter.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2017

My family, fiance and I were originally going to stay for the Wine Walk and to celebrate my sisters 25th birthday. I booked the room a few months in advance through Booking.com. When we arrived (around 10-10:30 a.m.) I decided to go inside and try my luck at perhaps an early check in. The girl at the front desk informed me that she had no rooms at the moment due to evacuees from the Thomas Fire that hadn't checked out. She kept saying "these poor people have no where to go...these poor people." I asked it if would be okay to leave my car there since we would be checking in later. She said it was fine and told me to come back at 12:30 to see if anything had opened up. We went to Paula's for breakfast (the best breakfast spot in my opinion) and went back to check on the availability a little past 12:30 p.m. She told me nothing had opened up yet since "these poor people" were just checking out and she informed me that a lot of them were asking her if they could stay another night, but the hotel was booked solid for the weekend. I said "oh they're still here" and paused since I was trying to decide if we should just go pick up our wine passes and start wine tasting. At this point she started to give me attitude and responded "YES, they are still here. These poor people have lost their homes and animals and have no place to go." I let it go and said "Okay, so should I come back later?" With an attitude she said, "You can try back at 1:30" I obviously didn't appreciate her tone or the fact that for some reason she kept saying "these poor people" as if to give me a guilt trip, or as if I had been insensitive about the situation. She also said "check in time is at 3:00 p.m. mam," with a tone to which I replied, "Okay so should I come back at 1:30..." to which she cut me off saying "Well check in is at 3:00 but you can try back at 1:30 these poor people..." I said thank you and left. We left and started wine tasting and called around 2:00 to see if anything was available. She said that both rooms were ready and so we went to check in. She said she had two rooms with two queen beds ready for us. I didn't book two bedrooms with two queen beds. I booked one bedroom with one King bed and one with two queen beds. I told her as much feeling very confused to which she rudely responded that I had booked through a third party and that was the information that came through. She rudely told me that that we had reserved (not showing me what she was looking at on the screen). I was looking up my original confirmation and booking information when I asked "So there are no King type bedrooms here" to which she responded that there were poor people that had lost their homes etc. and that had I booked through them she might have been able to do something all with an attitude. She said that if I didn't want it she would be happy to cancel since there were plenty of people that would take the rooms. She also kept talking about the poor people. I asked again trying to make my question more clear if that was the only type of bedroom they had on the premises, but she kept cutting me off and saying "mama I already told you this is all I have" basically take it if you want it or leave. I couldn't believe that she was and had been so rude. I told her to go ahead and cancel the rooms and told her she didn't have to be so rude. She said "mam you keep asking me if I have King rooms and I don't I already told you. You keep coming every two hours asking if your room is ready..." I tried to respond calmly, but she kept talking over me. I told her this had never happened to me before either in Solvang (although we had always stayed at Hadsten every year we went) or with Booking.com. I told her to provide me with a copy of whatever it was she was looking at and she said she would email it to me. I told her all I was asking is if all you have ever at any point in time is this type of room because I was trying to figure out if it really was a mistake on Booking.com's part. I would have taken the room had she answered me calmly and handled the situation differently. It almost seemed like she had a chip on her shoulder and I felt that at any minute she was going to tell me I should be grateful I even have a room. She seemed to be very judgmental and almost upset that we were taking these peoples rooms even though we had booked this months in advance. We had already gone through earlier through the La Tuna Canyon fire and had just went through the Creek Fire here in Sylmar where family members and friends had lost their homes. I was beside myself at the lack of hospitality and poor managerial skills this girl exuded. Regardless of what your personal feelings are it is my opinion that you leave that at the door before walking in to work. You never know who you are talking to or what their personal lives are like. Luckily for us Hadsten was more then willing to accommodate our last minute stay. Needles to say I will not be recommending this hotel that does look run down and is perhaps $30 less a night then the Hadsten property which is right next door. Also, When I received the email it said that both the Classic King and Classic Queen (2 beds) had been cancelled. I guess I should be thankful that they at least waived the cancellation fee. If I was you I would save my money and look elsewhere. Not sure if she is the only person up front, but she definitely left a sour taste in my mouth.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jaznil V
Lisa W, General Manager at Kronborg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Dear Jaznil V,

We're sorry you decided not to stay with us. It's been a difficult time for our area with the Thomas Fire keep spreading. Our normal check-in time is 3 pm and early check ins may be accommodated based on availability. On the day you were trying to check in early we could not accommodate your request due to hosting evacuees affected by the Thomas Fire.
Thank you for your understanding!

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed in an upgraded room that was nice, clean and comfortable. It's within walking distance from downtown Solvang and has free breakfast and free parking. We enjoyed our stay. Many of the Reims look out onto the pool.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Lisa W, General Manager at Kronborg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear Californiamama145,

Thank you so much for this 5 star review. We are so happy you found our hotel comfortable in a great location!

We hope to see you soon!!

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

We came back to Kronborg Inn because Solvang is a short drive from LA & with all the Danish architecture in town, visiting Solvang feels like you are in actual Denmark.
We came back to Kronborg because of the hospitable front desk staff. They remembered us and the girl with the curly hair is always so welcoming. They have a new general manager who offered to make us waffles, so kind! She made us feel like she truly cares about her guests. You can absolutely see the difference in their new improved renovations.
The same brunnette girl who checked us in informed us about the Julefest Festival during Christmas time and she immediatly helped us make reservations for December. She was so knowledgeable to let us know what day the Christmas parade is and has always helped us in a very sweet, professional manner.
I loved the scarecrows all around town!
I will be sure to recommend this inn to any of our friends who visit Solvang. We will always choose Kronborg Inn for any of our future stays. I definitly feel like this inn is our home away from home. Thank you Kronborg Inn!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Lisa W, General Manager at Kronborg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the hotel and the staff! We pride ourselves in making sure each guest is comfortable and taken care of. Your comments with be shared with the staff.
We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Solvang.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Stayed 1 night and had 2 rooms. Hotel is older, but clean with updated bathrooms. Had a larger room (maybe a jr suite?) with the most comfortable bed on earth. The only thing that I didn't like was the window in my room opened up onto the main walkway - we had to keep the curtains closed so people passing by couldn't see in. The stand up shower drainage wasn't right - water flooded the bathroom each time we showered. The lobby has a weird smell. Staff was friendly and then very helpful when I went back for a lost bag.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Lisa W, General Manager at Kronborg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Trixter2013,

Thank you for the great review! I’m really happy that you commented on the comfort of our bed. I’m glad that you enjoyed our hospitality. Our staff members are always motivated by comments like yours! Thank you again for leaving a review.

Lisa Walter