Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$136
Expedia.comUS$136
PricelineUS$136
eDreamsUS$136
CheapTicketsUS$136
HurbUS$140
All reviews pastry olsen's bakery directly across the street coffee maker within walking distance in town wine tasting perfect location one night stay coupon motel carpet
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 January 2020

Location is great for access to the many wine tasting rooms in this quaint village. Room was clean and staff very friendly. Amenities are minimal but for one night stay just fine. The staff was very friendly and they offer cards that are good for 2 for l wine tasting flights.

Reviewed 24 December 2019

We spent a night in this very quaint Danish village. We booked accommodation in the day of arrival and wete very Happy with our choice. It was perfectly situated in the heart of the town, easy access to wine tastings, restaurants, bakeries and shops. The breakfast ( included in our stay) was a choice of pastries at the Danish bakery across the street. A lovely treat.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank KathyS3883
Reviewed 13 December 2019

This was an alright experience. The check in time is 3 pm. I had mentioned check in time when I booked. I arrived around 2 20 pm after a long drive and was told I have to wait to check in.. I asked if I could use the restroom while I waited and was told I ll have use the public restroom outside the hotel. Not sure why they didnt let me use their own restroom. The receptionist lady was not very polite.
The room could definitely be cleaner. Considering you werent done cleaning and are strict about your 11 am check out and dont let guests check in before 3 pm, it gives you ample time to at least clean the rooms properly. There were hair on the towels and sink. Gross. Walls are thin and it gets loud outside with other guests entering and leavig. The breakfast voucher allows very limited options at the bakery and only the basic tea & coffee.
I wouldnt stAy here again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 December 2019

The room was clean and overall fine but bring your own pillows and expect to be sleeping on a not very thick padding stacked up to make a "bed". The walls are paper thin too. We could hear every word of the people next to us. The heating is touchy. It would run along time and get the room too hot so I would turn it down slightly and then it wouldn't turn on and the room would be freezing. The water took a long time to heat up as well.

The vouchers for the bakery across the street included a drink and pastry. The bakery was delicious.

Overall it was fine. The cleanliness was the most redeeming quality, but the price was worth the horrible back and neck pain from the terrible beds.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2019 via mobile

Not by any means luxurious or much more than an old motor inn, this motel is located in town and is a relatively good value. There are ‘borrow’ bikes available there but the streets are so crowded on weekends you might not want to ride on them. That said, the hotel is an easy walk to almost all of the town’s sites, shops and restaurants. The rooms are on ground level (except perhaps one) with parking spaces near the doors and additional parking on the side street adjacent to the motel. The rooms have no carpet and are rather spartan not unlike the Danish Modern style. Beds are platform so can seem a bit firm, there are two suitcase stands (finally, a hotel that cares about my partners suitcase LOL), a coffee maker and a built in desk area with chairs. The bathroom was small and a bit warn looking but adequate. Outdoors there is a gazebo and seating area, perfect for a small group to enjoy a balmy evening.
The ‘included breakfast’ is a Danish pastry and coffee directly across the street at an iconic bakery. It was delish but really not a breakfast like the bustling Pancake House next door offers.
Melissa at check in was fun, friendly, helpful and efficient, giving us 2 for 1 wine tasting cards, our breakfast chits and answering any questions we had.
There is a convenience/liquor shop nearby and a few yards further down the street is a shuttle stop in front of another hotel for a free ride to the Chumash Casino (check with your hotel for the run times).
All in all a good experience and I would stay there again. I think one can get the best price right on the motel’s website.

Date of stay: November 2019