All reviews secret garden putting green continental breakfast ping pong table in town nice pool pastries pancake machine within walking distance wine tasting danish village local bakeries nothing fancy pool area bit dated pleasant stay perfect location
Reviewed 17 September 2018

The location is OK...On main street driving through..Not main street in shopping area, but walkable. I thought the price was too high for a room no better than Motel6...It needs updating...There are eating places not too far walk from the motel.Pool area nice, garden smaller than it appeared in pictures. If I return I will try someplace different.

Date of stay: September 2018
JerreL8, Reputation Management at Royal Copenhagen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Susan B, thank you for choosing us. We are delighted to read your room was okay but needs updating and that our hotel was in a convenient location which made your stay more comfortable. However, we are sorry you didn't have a good experience at our hotel and felt it was priced too high. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times and always enjoy the location, the staff and the quiet. The rooms are a bit dated but always clean and spacious. I especially like the town square feel of the grounds and there is always ample parking.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
JerreL8, Reputation Management at Royal Copenhagen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

CATraveler138, thank you for reviewing the Royal Copenhagen Inn, Solvang, Ca. We're glad you found our hotel to be a good location and that you enjoyed the many facilities available at your service. Thanks again for recognizing our efforts. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

I have been going to The Royal Copenhagen Inn since 1978. That is when Dick and Betty were managers at the hotel. Wayne and Louis we the assistant managers. We would go so often, we felt like we were visiting friends (we would go six times a year).
The rooms have always been very clean. The staff have always friends and helpful.
I have very fond memories of The Royal Copenhagen Inn and Solvang.

Room tip: I enjoy having the lofts. The lofts have a living room and bathroom on the ground level. The bedroom is on top.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2018

This is the best hotel in Solvang, very clean, great staff, close to everything in town.
My wife and I have been going to Solvang for many years trying different hotels.
Forget the rest, THIS IS THE BEST!!!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Jerre L, Reputation Management at Royal Copenhagen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

rhartman7, thank you for reviewing the Royal Copenhagen Inn Solvang, Ca. We're glad you found our hotel to be a good value and that you enjoyed the many facilities available at your service. Thanks again for recognizing our efforts. We appreciate your business and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

This is our go to hotel for our road trip to Monterey for CSUMB college move-in. Been staying at this place for 5 plus years, never disappoints. Quaint little place with a lot of character, continental breakfast (with the BEST pastries from local bakeries). Pool, putting green and ping pong are a bonus, close to shopping and eateries, and wine tasting discounts at the front desk. Tips: If you are picky about bathroom amenities, be sure to bring your own. Soaps and shampoos are bottom of the barrel, but as a traveler I always bring my own. Great place to stay overall for the price, AAA and AARP discounts also.

Room tip: Ask for lower floors if you need them - no elevators
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us at the Royal Copenhagen Inn Solvang, Ca. We appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to recognize our efforts. Our team strives to deliver excellent service, I'm glad you enjoyed the surrounding area! Thanks again for being our guest, and we hope to see you again soon!