“Quiet and unassuming.”

Mirabelle
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Aly's Restaurant features exquisite wine country cuisine. It's elegant ambiance is the perfect setting for couples, small groups, an intimate private event, birthday or wedding dinners, business meetings, and wine tastings. We are pleased to offer you a traditional style dinning experience; where you may enjoy your food, wine and company un-rushed. We allot between 1-2 hours for you to enjoy each other in this experience. If you desire a quicker pace please let us know and we will be happy to accommodate you. Though we love children, our restaurant isn't very Children Friendly. For those Children that are well behaved we will accommodate them the best we can.
Reviewed 15 March 2016

We had a wonderful stay and a wonderful dinner and breakfast at this quiet and delightful hidden away gem. The staff was attentive and the chef di a great job with our dinner.

Reviewed 7 January 2016

To be sure, Mirabelle is a lovely, elegant restaurant housed in what appears to be a beautiful luxury inn. Our waiter was attentive and professional. However the food, while tasty and carefully prepared, arrived in portion sizes fit for a toddler. I am no stranger to fine restaurants and smaller portions, in fact, most restaurant appetizers are enough of a meal for me. This was almost laughable - 2 teeny bites in the corner of a large plate. Even the soup was only enough for 2 spoonfuls. We finally gave up after 3 appetizers and entree and went in search of a meal-sized meal. Won't be back.

2  Thank Judy B
Reviewed 28 October 2015

The service was very nice but the food left much to be desired. The fried gnocchii were cold, greasy and chewy (almost life they were defrosted). The remaining dishes were fair, something I have done at home. AND they had no liquor license yet so we had no champagne or wine for dinner (our anniversary). We were quite disappointed but if they are under new management (as I have heard) we might try again.

Reviewed 15 October 2015

The Mirabelle is a quaint little B&B just a block off the main street. The rooms are comfortable and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The included breakfast is very good and the afternoon wine and cheese on the front courtyard made our stay very pleasant. Dinner at Aly's Restaurant, located in the hotel, was superb. This is definitely a place I will look forward to staying in the next time we go to Solvang.

Reviewed 25 September 2015

I was just reviewing my Visa bill and found a $15 charge for Mirabelle Inn dated August 14. We dined there on August 8 and already paid $111 for a dinner for two. This excluded wine since they had no liquor license and we had skipped dessert because the service had been so slow. We had spent well over two hours just to get our salad and entree and were weary of sitting any longer. I didn't give them one star because my beet confetti salad was very good. My scallops had an odd, gritty texture however. My husband said his meal was ok.
It really bothers me that the restaurant retained our visa number and made a later charge to it. I have written my bank to dispute that charge.

1  Thank gotall
Jonathan R, Owner at Mirabelle, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2015

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for joining us at the Mirabelle, we appreciate your patronage and feedback. I wanted to take a moment to explain why you had an additional charge. We have a new credit card processor that reads card with the new microchips. Cards that have microchips once processed cannot have the gratuities adjusted after they have been rung up (normally you are able to add gratuity after the charge). The $15 charge you saw a few days later was the gratuity you left that evening. Our credit card processor needed to be called and that is why it was adjusted a few days after (we do not have your information on file, everything is secured by a credit card processor company). I apologize for any inconvenience, we would never run someones credit card for an additional charge that you did not approve. I also apologize for any delays in service. I can assure you we have made corrections to our technique and I would love to invite you back in the next time you are in town, we just brought on a new Chef that comes from Gordon Ramsey's Michelin rated restaurants. I did notice you live in Manhattan beach, we own The Sky Room in Long Beach and it would also be my pleasure to invite you in for a cocktail or glass of wine. Would you be so gracious to accept my offer? My email is Jonathan@theskyroom.com or you can call me at 818-974-6610. I hope to hear from you soon.

Kindest Regards,