“Additional Charge?”

Mirabelle
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: FIRST & OAK is located in the charming Mirabelle Inn boutique hotel. A culinary dream team of passionate individuals that defy to bring innovation and creativity to your plate. Our mission is to source local fare with our primary emphasis on quality and seasonality. It's elegant ambiance is the perfect setting for couples, small groups, intimate private dining, birthdays, wedding dinners, business meetings, and wine tastings. Executive Chef Steven Snook
Reviewed 25 September 2015

I was just reviewing my Visa bill and found a $15 charge for Mirabelle Inn dated August 14. We dined there on August 8 and already paid $111 for a dinner for two. This excluded wine since they had no liquor license and we had skipped dessert because the service had been so slow. We had spent well over two hours just to get our salad and entree and were weary of sitting any longer. I didn't give them one star because my beet confetti salad was very good. My scallops had an odd, gritty texture however. My husband said his meal was ok.
It really bothers me that the restaurant retained our visa number and made a later charge to it. I have written my bank to dispute that charge.

1  Thank gotall
Jonathan R, Owner at Mirabelle, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2015

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for joining us at the Mirabelle, we appreciate your patronage and feedback. I wanted to take a moment to explain why you had an additional charge. We have a new credit card processor that reads card with the new microchips. Cards that have microchips once processed cannot have the gratuities adjusted after they have been rung up (normally you are able to add gratuity after the charge). The $15 charge you saw a few days later was the gratuity you left that evening. Our credit card processor needed to be called and that is why it was adjusted a few days after (we do not have your information on file, everything is secured by a credit card processor company). I apologize for any inconvenience, we would never run someones credit card for an additional charge that you did not approve. I also apologize for any delays in service. I can assure you we have made corrections to our technique and I would love to invite you back in the next time you are in town, we just brought on a new Chef that comes from Gordon Ramsey's Michelin rated restaurants. I did notice you live in Manhattan beach, we own The Sky Room in Long Beach and it would also be my pleasure to invite you in for a cocktail or glass of wine. Would you be so gracious to accept my offer? My email is Jonathan@theskyroom.com or you can call me at 818-974-6610. I hope to hear from you soon.

Kindest Regards,
Jonathan Rosenson

Reviewed 7 July 2015

Great dining experience! Richard was wonderful as a host and as the owner! Thanks for making our 30th anniversary celebration a memorable night! Food was exceptional and I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone! ALY'S is a first class place to enjoy fine dining!

Reviewed 19 June 2015

First off, the service is fantastic. Fine dining service is tough to come by in some places, and Solvang is one of them. Mirabelle is the exception. Excellent service, from the host through the guy chasing you out at close. Food is fantastic, with a focus on local ingredient prepared well, with strong French influences. Every dish I've had was killer. The wine list is also top notch, with everything from affordable glasses to over the top bottles.

Get dessert, and hey, have a glass of port, you deserve it.

Reviewed 30 March 2015

Mirabelle is one of best in area. Creative food with very nice service and ambiance. A quiet and intimate settin

Reviewed 30 March 2015

My wife and I had dinner at the Mirabelle and found it to be very good food with excellent service. We both had the Chefs taste which included 2 appetizers a main course and a desert. The portions were small but I was satisfied and not full at the end. This is a higher end restaurant and not what I would recommend for a family dinner. More a romantic dinner. Was not cheap but not over the top either. Nice feel to the dinning area.

1  Thank Monte M