All reviewsgranolahappy hourthe main hoteltower suitegreat boutiqueboutique hotellovely hotell'occitane productsloved the decorhotel stayhardwood floorscorner roomstayed longercentral locationwould highly recommend this hotelfavorite hotelplenty of parking
Reviewed 9 July 2018

The Landsby was very modern, clean and right in the middle of Solvang. The entertainment was fantastic! The only thing was maybe the front desk could be a bit friendlier... I was waiting behind someone they were already helping even though there were two attendants up front... Neither of them greeted me or even acknowledged me... It was not that detrimental that I would not stay here again though.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Barry P, General Manager at The Landsby, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Hi Candice,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your overall stay and Music Under the Stars! I'm sorry, however, to hear we missed our mark at check-in. I'd like to stress it is our top priority to make sure everyone always feels welcome. Rest assured, I've taken your notes to our staff for future reference. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly if you have any further questions or concerns. I hope you consider staying with us again next time you're in Solvang so we can make it up to you.

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

The Landsby hotel was a great place to stay. Right in the heart of downtown Solvang. It is a beautiful hotel. The desk agents were very courteous and efficient during check in. The room was fantastic. It smelled nice and fresh upon entry (not cleaning solutions). Spacious and comfortable for a family of 4 (me, my wife, 17 year old and 13 year old). The fire pits in the private courtyard were a very relaxing touch in the evening.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Barry P, General Manager at The Landsby, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Hi Craig,

Thanks for much for your kind words. I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, most notably the room accommodations and the fire pits in the Village Courtyard, which are a favorite to relax in after a long day of exploring! I hope you choose to stay with us again next time you find yourselves in Solvang, we'd love to see you all.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Most conveniently located! Was able to walk to the Theater and Paula's for breakfast. Excellent staff, especially house keeping. Mediocre, overpriced food. Better steaks can be had from a chain like Outback.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Barry P, General Manager at The Landsby, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We strive to offer the highest quality accommodations here in Solvang, so I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your overall experience at The Landsby. I hope you choose to stay with us again next time you're in our area!

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

We had high expectations of the Landsby being one of the most expensive hotels in town. We paid $46 extra (almost 25% more) for an upgraded room with a patio. Our room felt very average at the end of an outdoor hallway with chairs on it. Our room was next to the housekeeping closet and next to the delivery truck and trash pick up area. The second option was a room that was described as “darker with one less window”. Had we not paid for an upgrade, maybe we would have felt more satisfied.

We weren’t impressed enough to return on our next visit.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oclinda2015
Barry P, General Manager at The Landsby, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Hi,

First off, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate feedback like yours that allows us to improve our facility and guest experience. I'm sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have any further comments or concerns. We hope you reconsider and choose to stay with us again next time you are in the area so that we can make it up to you.

Barry Prescott

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel in an amazing location in the heart of Solvang. Great to walk around this little town.

We spent two nights here in a standard king room overlooking the courtyard. We were in the main hotel building.

Beautifully decorated and comfortable.

Staff was very nice. Check-in easy.

Not giving it 5 stars as a couple things took points off on my mind.

The NOISE!! Omg, walls are thin. And STUPID women across the halls this morning at 6:50AM talking about not having their coffee yet. Well most people haven’t as they are on vacation and trying to sleep after being out late last night for a concert at the Santa Barbara Bowl. I know it’s no fault of the hotel for rude guests but IF the walls were not so thin, voices would not carry as these did.

Other disappointment was the sheets. The “Linea Roma” brand looks beautiful and inviting but our bottom sheet must have been well used as it was piling and was ‘scratchy’. I’m not a sheet snob but at this price point, quality is expected. Otherwise bedding and towels were nice.

I still recommend landing here. Just know that the main hotel is a bit noisy.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GoSeeDoTravelDuo
Barry P, General Manager at The Landsby, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Hi Kristine,

First off, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We truly appreciate feedback like yours that allows us to improve our facility and guest experience. I'm so glad you enjoyed our modern decor, staff, and location. I think its great you were able to explore Solvang! However, I'd like to apologize for your unfortunately noisy experience, I can understand how frustrating that would be. As for the sheets, I have passed along your notes to our staff to make sure we get those changed. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly if you have any further questions. I hope you choose to stay with us again next time you're in our area!

Barry Prescott