All reviews happy hour boutique feel loved the decor boutique hotel beautiful hotel l'occitane products hardwood floors stayed longer fire pit central location plenty of parking definitely stay here again our room was spacious yogurt thin walls los angeles a great place to stay
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Stayed at this super cool hotel while attending a wedding at a nearby winery. I don't love the "Disneyland" town it is located in. However, I'd stay here and enjoy the surrounding wineries for sure. The hotel is super chic. Service at the bar was excellent. Check-in was not the best but hey, how long do you spend checking in? I recommend for sure!

Room tip: I believe they are a pet friendly hotel. If you have allergies be sure to ask for a pet free room.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2017

The Landsby has everything you need in a boutique hotel - great location in the center of town means you can walk to all the local bars and restaurants. Good size rooms with comfortable beds - L’Occitane products in the bathrooms- WiFi, of course. The restaurant, Mad & Vin, serves breakfast and dinner and lunch on weekends - full bar in the lobby and really good service. Definitely going back...

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank Fulham9
Reviewed 15 December 2017

We loved our stay! We had a patio room, which faced an open shared space with chairs and fire pits. Perfect for enjoying a bottle of wine by the fire on a chilly night. The room was beautifully decorated and had cute adornments around the room that gave you that boutique feel. Customer service was top notch and our breakfast in the hotel's restaurant was terrific. Overall, a fabulous stay in a quaint little area. Highly recommended and we will be back!

Room tip: Patio rooms have a little extra space on the outside, but it's shared. We were in Room #7, which was on the end and very quiet.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Barry P, General Manager at The Landsby, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Hey Jamie,

Thanks for leaving us a great review! We love hearing feedback from our guests and are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! Hope you choose to visit us again next time you're in the area.

Cheers!
Barry P, General Manager

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Loved the decor and overall vibe of the hotel

The color's and furnishing's are excellent from the lobby, bar, restaurant, room's and the courtyard

The food at the restaurant was excellent although the espresso machine was broke and I can't live with out espresso especially after interrupted sleep !

We stayed in room 36 at the top of the stairs and the noise from the bar kept my wife and kids awake until midnight on both nights we stayed

I was woken up at 2am on both nights we stayed from a loud after party in the court yard

The staff tried to move us but they were booked, they acknowledged that they have people complain about the room's at the top of the stair's so they should look into solution's or bring it to the attention of guest's at check in so there is no surprise

We would 100% stay here again but would be more savvy about requesting a room away from the bar noise

Room tip: If you want quiet request a room away from the bar and the courtyard
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Barry P, General Manager at The Landsby, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm so glad you enjoyed the hotel, but sincerely apologize about the noise during your stay. Please feel free to reach out to me with any further questions or concerns. I hope you choose to stay with us again next time you are in the area!

Kindly,
Barry P, General Manager

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

I regularly travel (5 to 10 times per year) through Solvang as it is a halfway point for me on a travel route between my two destinations. I have stayed in several hotels in and around Solvang before the Landsby opened approximately two years ago. Now the Landsby is my exclusive and only hotel I stay in. The hotel is new, reasonably priced, has well-proportioned rooms, mid-century design features, and the best Happy Hour around. The staff is polite, well-informed and very responsive to helping your stay be a pleasant one. I’m greeted by name when I arrive and given my favorite room whenever possible. Parking is free. There is a wonderful wine trail to explore nearby. A restaurant in the hotel and an outside area with fire pits for an evening cocktail. I give it my highest recommendation.

Date of stay: November 2017