“One of my Favs”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We love "The Naked Cafe". They have several locations, but Solana Beach is our favorite. The cafe is what appears to be a grass hut right across the street from the ocean. If you get there at the right time, move right towards the wall that gives you an unobstructed view.

The menu satisfies every appetite. For healthy food lovers there are egg white and meatless options. If you want some bacon with that omelet, theirs is delish. If you choose a full order of pancakes, they are huge, so you might want to order just one unless you are sharing.

Their coffee is very good and the hot chocolate is a fav as well. I am not sure what they put in their green rice, but I find myself craving it at times.

Go early (they are only open till around 2) and then walk across to the beach and have a nice walk. You will love it.

Reviewed 14 November 2012

I am not into a ton of 'natural food" so I cannot rate this on that level - but I can say the food is great and the outdoor feel for dinng is nice. You can see the ocean from some of the seating, I have had the french toast here. The coffee is fabulous. Try te fresh juices as well. Its a bit pricy but then all fresh food comes at a premium.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

The variety and options here are amazing! I love the california flair in breakfast classics. The ingredients are all super fresh and mainly organic. The oatmeal is probably my favorite, so hearty and yummy!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Great tasting vegetarian food fixed with a little kick! Options to add chicken or tofu to any dish. So good, visited 2 days in a row on my trip!

Reviewed 13 October 2012

I was in Carlsbad for 1 week and ate breakfast there 2 times. I would have eaten there more but I discovered it late in my trip... The Calexican is unbelievable!!! I can't wait to go back next year!!!!!!