“Pleasantly surprised”

Crush
Ranked #15 of 80 Restaurants in Solana Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Just as Italians believe that food is a means for maintaining bonds among family and friends, so does Crush. For this reason, the interior was designed with that in mind. Crush is casual and comfortable space inspired by the natural beauty of the ocean. Our interpretation of the sea and sands, like our coast line, soft warm colors resonate throughout the restaurant. Buon Appetito!!
Reviewed 12 January 2018

I had avoided this restaurant in previous visits to Solana Beach because I had heard it was a gathering place for twenty-somethings which I am certainly not. I was wrong. While I'm sure the live music attracts the younger Friday night crowd, you don't need a black slinky dress to wine and dine here. We came as we were....in obvious tourists clothes and found the atmosphere to be very accepting. I wish we could have stayed for the live music. I agree with others that it's not the cheapest place to dine, but the food I saw go by was all very appealing. We enjoyed our 15 dollar drinks (twice what we pay back home) and will likely be back on our next visit to try some of their great looking entrees and appetizers.

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Went there for dinner. It had the live music, so it seemed a good place to relax. Ordered fennel sausage pizza and garlic sautéd spinach side. Both were very tasty. The pizza was thick crust pizza, I think it would be better if it were thin crust one. The ambient was very good, the gentleman waited me was very welcoming and attentive. Overall, it was a very good experience.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Don't be dissuaded by Crush being tucked away in a strip mall off hwy 101. Totally worth a stop.
Good ambiance, great local band (Mojo Working from san diego), excellent service by David our server.
I got the pepperoni pizza (extra sauce) and my husband got lasagne. He said his was very good and mine was the best pepperoni pizza I've ever had. Really.
David was a great server: there to serve us when we needed him to be, no more no less. Gave us a coffee on the house and held the door open for us as we left the restaurant. Super good service, great food and excellent music. Great evening at Crush!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Wine was good, service was ok, but food very mediocre for the price. A meal for 4 with several glasses of wine and beer, good salad and not very Italian Margherita pizza was nearly $300.00. Could have better food at my favorite restaurant Pamplemouse for the same price. We should have gone there!

Reviewed 16 June 2017

I have been here several times. Their pasta dishes are very good, especially the one with lemon butter caper sauce (so good, I got extra sauce and took it home). You can "build your own" pasta, or pizza. Fun. But, I think the food is expensive for what you get. For instance, build your own pasta, you get a nice pasta dish to your liking, but it will cost $25 to $30. Seems like a lot of money for a pasta dish, especially for a restaurant in a strip mall.