All reviewsdel marfire pitpool arealiving roomsan diegohot tubrci exchangefull bathroomsping pong tablefree laundry facilitiesone bedroom unitfree starbucks coffeewhole foodssmall kitchencooking utensilsevery morninglaundry room
Reviewed 13 August 2018

We’ve owned our timeshare here for about 10 years now. We love coming here as we are close to beaches, the DelMar Racetrack and other attractions. Downtown San Diego is only 20 minuets away. Love the small town atmosphere here. Local restaurants offer a variety of foods for all tastes. The timeshare offers a pool, barbecue grills hot tub and game room. It also has washer and dryers available. San Diego has so many wonderful attractions such as the zoo. You can rent the timeshare from owners also. Weather is gorgeous and the beaches are so beautiful.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2018

I wish there was something between "average" and "very good". The Winners Circle is good but not great. An older property but clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. But if you have a hard time getting around, be VERY specific about what room you want. There is only one elevator and it is not centrally located.
On our first visit we had a ground floor room near the lobby. The next time we were on the second floor and very far from the elevator.
Having a second bathroom was great because our son joined us for just one night. He crashed on the couch, not bothering to pull out the bed. He's young.

Room Tip: Ground floor is better. Easier access and the patio is covered. Upstairs the balcony is open to the hot sun and the birdie visitors.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2018

Hard to get luggage to 2nd floor rooms. Down hallways outside to another hallway 5 times! No one to help if you need it. Cannot even figure out where it room is. It is like they kept adding on and tried to connect the separate pieces somehow.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Reviewed 26 July 2018

This is a fairly nice resort located across the street from the Del Mar Race Track. Don't go on opening day, as the parking lot was completely full of people attending the races. The units themselves are pretty nice, but most views are of a parking lot. It's about 20 miles in to San Diego itself, but a fairly easy drive. The San Diego Botanic Garden is fairly close and very nice.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

Not sure if it was Booking.com that failed me or if it was the property.  I arrived after 6 hours of driving to find I was not booked!  Although I have a confirmation number, they could not find  it.  Luckily they had a room available, although they listed on the site they had no vacancies.  The staff in the front are nice but seem a little untrained in some policies.  When checking out, I had to wait until they figured out why I wasn't charged for my room.  Even though I had given my card to the staff member who booked me.  I asked about the deposit if I could pay in cash.  Even though pretty much everywhere else you go they allow it, this place either does not or the staff member had no clue if they do or not.  When asked she could not tell me the deposit amount.  Upon checking out, I was not only charged more for my room then quoted on Booking.com, but also charged the deposit.  The receipt doesn't show that charge also and couldn't give me one for it.  I was just told it will eventually come off my bank charge.
The property seems like a older condo building .  The room entrances are inside the buildings through a corridor.  The rooms are nice, had a kitchen with a mid sized fridge, a small ceramic top oven, a microwave, and dishwasher.  Also all the utensils and cookware needed for an extended stay. There are two restaurants right next store to the building.  King bed in the bedroom was ok.  A little firm but it worked.  We had a two bathroom room, and both were fine.  Showers were small but had good water pressure.  There is a common area with a fire pit and 7ft deep pool.  A spa and a smaller pool for little kids.  Three bbqs and plenty of seating.  Also there is a clubhouse with movies, a pool table, and a ping pong table.  All were open till 11 I believe.  It is right across from Delmar racetrack so you may smell horses, but not the bad part lol.  The convenience of the property, the room and amenities would definitely bring me back, but next time I'll use a different site to book my room.  Hopefully the staff gets some better training in their booking policies!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family