All reviewsreagan librarypanda expresscourtyard propertiesbistro stafffront desktypical courtyardnice hotelconvenient locationwould definitely stay here againclose proximityfire pitice machinecomfortable roomsminute drivethe breakfast areacoffee makereach morning
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We have stayed in many Marriott’s throughout the years, but this one was exceptional. We were there for a wedding so there were many of the guests staying there. The staff was extremely friendly & helpful. A special shout out to Liz for assisting us when we came back from the wedding. Highly recommend!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Liz R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Ventura Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so pleased to hear you had an exceptional stay with us. I am also pleased you found our staff as Friendly and Helpful as we do! I appreciate the special shout out and am honored to have met you and yours after the wedding. Thank you for the recommendation and we all hope to see you back here again very soon, we'll do popcorn! ;)

Warmest Regards ,

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I stay in a LOT of Courtyards, really a lot.

To be honest, few really stand out, most are quite acceptable. This one though was towards the top end.

A one night stay, so didn't experience all they might have to offer. But it was newish, in great repair and very clean. Staff was very, very nice, better than usual.

Room was ready when I arrived, as it should be at 6PM. Checkin was efficient.

Breakfast in the Bistro? Well what can I say, every Courtyard is the same, most of the food is either cold. Or prepackaged and heated upon order. Not too much room for any deviation from the formula - for better or worse. Still, it was handled efficiently and with a smile.

Slightly challenging to find, and if you miss the driveway it's really hard to get back to. To enter the parking lot look for the Panda Express and either enter that driveway or the next one down the hill. If you miss it, you'll have to either loop back on the freeway or go quite a ways past and make two U-Turns to get back. Lesson learned.

I'll stay again. Best hotel I know of in Simi-Valley

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face the freeway. But my 'odd' room on a low floor didn't have trouble with noise.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Liz R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Ventura Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us! Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! We would be happy to have you back on your next visit to Simi Valley, especially now that you have mastered travel to our location!

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is located right off the 118 freeway. There are multiple dining options nearby and it is close to the Reagan Library.

The lobby and Bistro are a are updated and relaxing, however the rooms are a bit outdated. The television is small and has not been updated compared to many other Courtyards I have stayed at recently. Also the layout of the room makes it difficult to comfortably watch t.v. While laying in bed. The fixtures in the bathroom are also very outdated.

The hotel staff, especially Robert at the front desk and Melissa in the Bistro were outstanding, and went out of their way to be helpful.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We strive to make every guest encounter a positive and memorable one. We regret that we missed the mark on your most recent stay with us.

I understand that you were dissatisfied with your room. I want you to know that we are using this feedback to improve our guest experience in the future.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

In spite of being adjacent to a very busy highway, the noise level is surprisingly low. Loads of venues next to the property for dining as well as a Walmart behind the property.

Room was comfortable and clean, with a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Work desk and chair is provided as well as a sofa and small table. A balcony with a small table and chairs overlooked the pool area.

The only negative was the shower. Very low water pressure, in spite of high water pressure from the bath portion. I stayed in two different rooms on two separate occasions with the same issue: very low water pressure. Laundry room with two washers, two dryers. Fitness centre was small but functional with cardio to include recumbent bike and limited weights.

Overall, enjoyable stay not far from the Reagan Library.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

It is great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us! Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I stay at a great deal of Marriott properties. This Courtyard has been renovated and the rooms and the lobby are both very nice. Every room has a desk, television, and refrigerator. The bathroom is large enough and quite clean. The two things that I found rather annoying where the internet service was very spotty and would quit working regularly. The television worked well except when you adjust the volume but that seems like a system problem. The last thing is that the doors shut very loudly if the guest is not considerate. I always assist the door shut so it is quiet but they were punishing people on my floor that we're not so kind. Some doors were so loud that they would wake you up when people would close them. There are lots of restaurants and conveniences near this hotel and the front staff & restaurant staff we're both very friendly, professional and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again but I really hope they do fix the internet.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 22 September 2017

Dear Kevin,

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! I apologize you encountered tech difficulties and some inconsiderate guests. I am happy to hear that these were minor hiccups in your overall stay with us and that you will come back and visit again. We would be happy to have you back!