“went for food, found friendship”
Review of La Bodega

La Bodega
Ranked #6 of 115 Restaurants in Sebastopol
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A little hide-a-way just minutes from town. Open to the Public! Kid friendly. The center for over 4,500 wine and food fanatics - over 1,400 live within 10 minutes of the club. Try our house made pasta, lasagna, ravioli, local cheeses, tremendous vegetarian selection plus vegan options. Great wild mushroom organic chicken. A very hospitable environment with a warm dining room, lovely garden view, and that West County vibe in abundance. Join the club to have ultra-small wines picked out for you and sent home. Wine by the glass, very informal dining, kids menu available. We have another location in Sonoma (with another 700 members) and also ship wine to over 2,500 people around the U S of A. Dinner Thursday-Monday; Brunch Saturday & Sunday
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

I had a vegetarian Lasagna a local friend picked up for me to eat at his place one jet-lagged late night and although luke warm, it tasted delicious. So I wanted to try the restaurant.
I went alone; was greeted like I was family and sat between two tables of four...
After licking the bottom of the mushroom ravioli plate, and a few pleasantries exchanged with my neighbors I was invited to join their table.
I shared with them my chocolate flourless cake against all my deepest instincts... It paid off: we were the last table left, and the owners joined in pleasant conversation turned wine tasting, cake tasting and stories sharing.
I now have six new friends and firmly believe this is not a restaurant, but a Meeting Point of the Universe.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

We went for lunch two weeks ago just to check it out as it is local. It was so impressive that it is our new favorite restaurant. The appetizers are amazing. All of the different tastes from around the Mediterranean Sea. We have gone back a couple of times since then. I had bourekas, a wonderful pastry around a mushroom joy. We loved the lasagna, the tagine, and always the mushrooms. My personal favorite was the pumpkin ravioli in brown butter sage sauce. It is a quirky place (you have to bring your own silverware/napkin/and water to the table). There is a 15% discount if you join the wine club. You will not go away stuffed, unless you really work at it, but you will have a wonderful eating experience prepared by a chef who loves his work. I like it better than the Applewood which was 3-4 times more expensive.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

We found this delightful spot rather by accident and promptly fell in love. Food is fantastic, attentive service and casual atmosphere. Wonderful opportunity to discover and taste wines from small local vineyards. Brian and Meekk are delightful hosts. Their menu changes with the seasons and offers some incredible dishes.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

This is by far the best experience we had in town! Sooooo personable, almost felt like we knew the owners before we left! WE were there for hours with our 5 month old baby, and we never ever felt rushed! It was even a Holiday (4th of July) and we were so lucky that they were even opened! The food was delectable, and fresh, and coming from a tough critic like me, that is saying a lot! Believe me, this place is forever seared in our minds as a def. stop next time we're up here!

Reviewed 27 June 2016

These folks have done something unique and wonderful. They help you choose the wine you like with samples of several, if needed. They handle wines from small and very small wineries in the area. The wine quality is excellent, And to top it off, you can order a well-prepared meal to go with the wine you choose (or vice-versa). Meals are very well priced for the quality, and you get a discount if you join the wine club. Wines are very reasonably priced for the quality. The mushroom ravioli was superb. Service is very personal and top-notch. A real gem (don't tell anyone else about it...).

2  Thank GoLongNow