All reviewsclean room with a comfortable bedfree wifimonterey areagranite countertopsreasonable ratesfast wifinew carpetfridge and microwavejuice and coffeenon smokinganother guestrooms are nicebudget hoteldefinitely stay here againshort stayplace to sleepsmall hotel
Reviewed 11 May 2017

This is a little family run motel. It may not look like much from the outside, but let me assure you, it is lovely on the inside.
My room was SUPER clean. It was fresh, with new granite countertops in the bathroom, and the mattress was awesome. The carpets were clean. No bad smells. Non smoking hotel.
Fridge and microwave in each room, there were USB hookups built into the nightstand. Little table and chairs for eating or using as a desk. It was a delightful room, and I was so very pleased with everything.
Breakfast was very simple. Muffins, frozen waffles, oatmeal and two types of cereal. Juice and coffee. It did the job!
Walking distance to Target, Costco, grocery store, and other things. You can walk right to the ocean in less than 500metres.
I loved my stay here, and would recommend it to anyone! For a budget hotel, it exceeded my expectations and more.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, ask for ground floor.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
SeasideInn1, Webmaster at Seaside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments. I’m so pleased that you would stay with us again, and I hope you have the opportunity to do that soon. We take pride in this hotel and its amenities and sincerely appreciate the opportunity to serve you. I’m glad we could satisfy you, as we do so many others each day. Thanks again for your pleasant feedback.

Reviewed 3 February 2017

The staff provided us with an upstairs room as requested. We found the room to be acceptable and we slept well. When considering the rate we paid, the accommodations and location of this motel were good.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
SeasideInn1, Webmaster at Seaside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Dear Guest,

I'm glad we could meet your requests and provide you a good value for you money. Thanks for commenting. I’m so pleased that you found us a clean and pleasant place to stay and that our amenities were to your liking. We take real pride in this hotel and in serving guests like you, and I’m happy that you had such a pleasant stay. We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

There wasn't a note stating that you needed to call ahead if you were coming in after 9 pm. SO, we were scolded when we arrived. We almost thought we wouldn't get a room is how harshly she scolded us. SO if you go and you're planning on being late be sure to call unless you like to be scolded.

PROS:
Clean Rooms
spacious rooms
price
cute little motel

Cons:
Poor customer service

Breakfast
Cold cereal
coffee
breads
juice

It was odd because breakfast was in a closet... everything was LOCKED. They didn't have anything stocked. I felt that we needed to beg to get anything restocked. Just didn't feel it wasn't worth to eat breakfast there.

Room Tip: Get there early to bet a parking space. Parking lot is extremely small.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I'm sorry there was some miscommunication about your expected arrival time and that you could not get here earlier to experience our hospitality a bit longer. I’m very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. Nothing means more to us than satisfying every guest, every time.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

This place is our go to place when visiting Monterey. Nothing fancy, but they are clean and updated. Mattresses are newer, furniture has been updated, so we get a good night sleep. Owner takes care of us well and is a blessing to us.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

It's always good to have you with us. Thanks for your kind words about our clean, comfortable and friendly hotel with plenty of amenities. We take serving our guests very seriously and are very pleased that we met your needs so well. I hope you will tell others about our property and again stay with us again the next time you’re in town.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

We enjoyed another great stay at the Seaside Inn. We come to this motel three to four times a year when we come to town to visit family. We have found the innkeeper, Menka provides great customer service at the most reasonable rates for the Monterey area. She always gives us a warm welcome. We enjoyed a clean room with a comfortable bed and a small refrigerator. In the morning we were thankful for the free coffee, cereal and muffins.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks for being among our many satisfied guests. Sometimes, only those with an issue or complaint bother to comment, and your positive feedback means a lot to us. Our team reads all comments and we are all inspired by your positive, upbeat assessments of our hotel. You can be sure we'll be here for you in the future with another great experience whenever you need us. Thanks again.