Free cancellation until 28/07
US$105
US$102
US$149
Hotels.com
Sand Castle Inn(Seaside)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$132
US$125
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
US$122
US$110
  • Restaurant
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$112
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$149/night.

Discovery Inn(Seaside)
US$103
US$95
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$106/night.

Free cancellation until 25/07
  • Pool
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$282
HIExpress.com
All reviewsfree wifigranite countertopsfast wififridge and microwavejuice and coffeenon smokinganother guestrooms are nicebudget hotelshort stayplace to sleepwould stay here againbreakfast roomnice staycostcomontereymuffins
Reviewed 8 January 2017

This place is our go to place when visiting Monterey. Nothing fancy, but they are clean and updated. Mattresses are newer, furniture has been updated, so we get a good night sleep. Owner takes care of us well and is a blessing to us.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
SeasideInn1, Webmaster at Seaside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Dear Guest,

It's always good to have you with us. Thanks for your kind words about our clean, comfortable and friendly hotel with plenty of amenities. We take serving our guests very seriously and are very pleased that we met your needs so well. I hope you will tell others about our property and again stay with us again the next time you’re in town.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

We enjoyed another great stay at the Seaside Inn. We come to this motel three to four times a year when we come to town to visit family. We have found the innkeeper, Menka provides great customer service at the most reasonable rates for the Monterey area. She always gives us a warm welcome. We enjoyed a clean room with a comfortable bed and a small refrigerator. In the morning we were thankful for the free coffee, cereal and muffins.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks for being among our many satisfied guests. Sometimes, only those with an issue or complaint bother to comment, and your positive feedback means a lot to us. Our team reads all comments and we are all inspired by your positive, upbeat assessments of our hotel. You can be sure we'll be here for you in the future with another great experience whenever you need us. Thanks again.

Reviewed 13 November 2016

This is a very nice quiet hotel. Close to everything. Has a little continental breakfast. Rooms are nice comfortable beds. Very clean. Would recommend this to anyone. I liked going here seems like helping the smaller business's instead of always staying at the big chain places.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I'm glad we could serve you at our independent hotel. Thanks for taking a moment to comment about our property. I'm so pleased that your experience was nice enough here that you would recommend us to others. I hope you have a chance to do that. If you have family members, friends or colleagues traveling in this area, make sure they know about our hotel. We'll do a great job meeting their needs too.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

I booked this hotel while waiting for a home I was rescheduled to rent, to become ready for move-in. The gentleman initially booking me into the property was polite, professional, and extremely accommodating - even assisting with moving my bags to my upstairs room.

When the housekeeper knocked on the door the following morning and asked whether service was needed, I politely declined because the room was still freshly clean and we had enough towels. I had alson purchased my own bed sheets which I used on the hotel beds.
About 3 days into my stay, I forgot my cell phone in an uber and even though the number was local, the room phone, which didn't permit long distance calls, didn't allow me to call my phone, so I went down to the office to ask whether I could use their phone to call mine, in hopes that the uber driver would hear it and answer.

A woman was at the desk this time, and I explained my situation, giving my room number. She appeared shocked that I was a resident at the hotel, and asked me whether I was staying there, even though I had already identified myself and my room number.

She then went into the computer (I assume to verify my identity?) and stated, "You have been refusing housekeeping service!" I was thrown back because I didn't expect this. I then tried to explain that I had only spoken to the housekeeper once the day after check-in, but had not seen her again after that. The woman at the desk said matter-of-factly "I've known my housekeeper for a long time and she always knocks on your door." Here I was, a hotel guest at the front desk, requesting to use the phone to call my lost cell phone, and the hotel manager, accusing me like I was a child- wrongfully- for something completely unrelated!

I once again informed her of the conversation I'd had with the housekeeper the day after I checked in (i.e. the room was still clean so no service was needed on THAT DAY, and had not seen the housekeeper since!) I then requested to use the office phone again, to which the manager asked me for my cell phone number and dialed it herself. Once it started ringing, she still did not hand the phone to me, but stood there holding it until my voicemail came on. She then informed me it was my voicemail. I declined to leave a message, and asked whether I could try again. She repeated the process never handing me the phone, and informing me once again it was voicemail. I decided to leave the office, requesting that if the uber driver happened to call, to please transfer him to my room.

Luckily a few hours later, the uber driver did call, however, instead of being transferred to my room, the manager herself called my room while placing him on hold, and conducted the conversation as a middle-man!

What kind of guest or humanbeing was I, not to be allowed privacy of a telephone OR even a telephone call? What type of guest was I to be "accused" of declining housekeeping services and not believed even once I had explained?

After this, if I was in when the housekeeper knocked, I would request services as needed, and extended my stay by some days as the house I had panned to rent was not ready yet. When I extended my stay the first time, the manager sent the housekeeper to check my room to make sure it was "okay to rent" back to myself. The room was "cleared" by the housekeeper and I stayed for the added days, expecting to check out, but yet, having to extend my stay again. This time, I extended my stay by making an online reservation (for discounted rates) -- and on my checkout day, I called the office to inform that I had extended my stay via online booking.

This time the manager stated to me via phone that I would have to switch rooms. She then shortly thereafter personally showed up at my door to "inspect" the room. When I informed her that I needed just a few more minutes to get ready, she walked in anyway (I had left the door slightly ajar.) She then inspected the bathroom (which was closest to the door) and proceeded to enter the room (I was not yet ready to move, it was 10:30AM). She looked around my room and said, "you know what, I've decided not to rent to you at all anymore, so just take your things and leave - you won't be charged for the other room."

I asked her why she was throwing me out, to which she at first stated the room was not "fit" to be rented to anyone else. I asked her to be specific, because there was nothing I could see that rendered it unfit to be rented out. I actually had to ask her this question several times because she just could not decide what her response was. The room, as I pointed to her, needed normal housekeeping, no missing towels, no stained sheets, nothing destroyed or broken, NOTHING WRONG. She decided to pick on the floor (recall she interrupted me mid-moveout so I had things on the floor!) When I mentioned that, and also mentioned that it could be vacuumed, and I had not required daily vacuuming, she seized on that and calledin the housekeeper, who repeated what I had already said, I did not request daily vacuuming.

Once the floor issue and any other visible issue she had tried to attack failed, she informed me that the room had "a smell." A smell! So now, something intangible.
This manager rents her rooms at seaside inn to guests with LARGE DOGS as I had witnessed during my stay there, but I, by myself, had "a smell" in my room so bad as to render it not fit for rent! I, who had just passed the first "inspection" that had allowed me an extension, was now being kicked out of the hotel because of my smell, which rendered my room unfit to be rented!

When I pressed this disgusting woman for more specifics, she told me, "just like we Indians make indian food that you may not like the smell, this room has a smell for me!" I was so shocked by this hateful woman's ludicrous accusations, and general clearly discriminatory treatment of me, that if not for the fact of my now inflammed nerve disease and am partially handicapped, I would have left there and then. She then agreed to continue to rent to me on condition that I accept housekeeping service every single day. She also stated (although my reservation was for 4 more days) that for the 4 days she would rent to me on a day-to-day basis, contingent upon accepting housekeeping services daily.

She then told me she was on a very important call and didn't have anymore time for me, "LOOK, DO YOU WANT THE ROOM OR NOT!"

I was at seaside inn as a single, black, handicapped, woman -- making no unreasonable requests, paying for my room and abusing no property. This deplorable, discriminatory woman did not see me as a guest at the hotel -- certainly treated me as LESS THAN.

She is one of the most despicable humanbeings I have yet to meet, and has no business managing ANY establishment. I will ensure this complaint reaches the highest possible offices of the Better Business Bureau, and beyond!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. I'm sorry you perceived some kind of situation that did not exist. If we were at any time less than hospitable or were harsh or rude to you during your multi-night stay, I sincerely apologize. We specialize in offering a travel experience that appeals to all types of travelers and would welcome you again anytime. I further regret any misunderstandings. Your satisfaction is the most important thing to us.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

From the time I arrived, there was great and friendly service at the Seaside Inn. I think it is family run and I experienced this excellent service across the generations. The room I had (204) was very large and it even had a small balcony off the back. The room itself and the bathroom were very clean and had all the amenities one would look for: refidge, wifi, Satellite TV, safe and more. I highly recommend staying at this hotel if you are looking to be on a budget and want something nice. The only downfall to this hotel is that it is basically in the parking lot of CostPlus store. There is a huge CostPlus sign above the property (sign is not lit up), although there is a fence around the property to separate. This really did not bother me and I had a great stay.

Room Tip: rooms 200+ numbered(upstairs) are larger and have balconies. Rooms below these also offer small patio but I am not sure of the #'s.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I’m so pleased that you found us a clean and pleasant place to stay and that our amenities were to your liking. I'm sorry you weren't impressed with our location or surroundings. We take real pride in this hotel and in serving guests like you, and I’m happy that you had such a pleasant stay. We look forward to having you with us again soon.