“Delicious Fusion Indian Food”
Review of Avatar's

Avatar's
Ranked #23 of 84 Restaurants in Sausalito
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Just visited Avatar's. Love the way they have experimented, made great fusion dishes. It is tasty, the service is friendly as well. All in all I would give this 5 stars. Keep up the good work.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 26 September 2017

We drove to Sausalito across the Golden Gate Bridge for sight seeing and dropped in at Avatar's for lunch. We were greeted with a smile by Ashok Kumar , the owner . After exchanging greetings , he suggested a fusion menu - vegetarian for us to try and give our feedback identifying all the ingredients. It was really a novel experience for us. The items were Basmati Biriyani , with grilled vegetables, a wrap , along with Masala Chaas and Mango Lassi. The dessert again was something unique - he calls it Avatar's dream !
The food was very tasty and of a high standard . Frankly , we could not identify all the ingredients which were mostly Indian but with some Mexican added cleverly.
The service was excellent , the place is clean and a family affair in all respects.They do have good non - vegetarian items also which we did not try.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

The waiters are kind of strict and they wont tell u what they are going to serve you. They put mango in chutney and chikoo in mango lassi!
The dishes are very costly and and not exactly Indian.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

food is delicious. I had never been to a place that treated me so well, the food was so rich in flavor and fresh. The most I liked was the gentleman's treatment in the photo that I imagine is the owner. My husband and I had no idea what to eat and he approached us, told us to forget the menu and told him that we liked to eat. Then he would take care of making us the best food in the world. And he was absolutely right.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 16 August 2017

A passionate restaurant owner and family makes this place a special place to go. You get mexican Indian fusion, The owner speaks to each guest and helps the guest to modify and adapt a dish to taste. I absolutely loved the long grain rice cooked to perfection. The long grain was almost .9" and that is really good rice. The chicken enchiladas were cooked just right and served with care. I also ordered the house special dessert which is to die for if one loves pistachios and mango.

Date of visit: August 2017