“Always on point. Great Vietnamese in Santee!”
Review of Pho Ca Dao

Pho Ca Dao
Ranked #6 of 121 Restaurants in Santee
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

I've been to this location probably 5 or 6 times and the food is consistently good. My favorite is the broken rice specials. Even if I don't get the broken rice per se because I'm going paleo-ish lol. I grew up eating at the house of my Vietnamese best friend, so I am kinda snobby when it comes to my food in that dept. I feel like you can't respect a Vietnamese restaurant but doesn't do it the traditional Vietnamese way, so these guys have my vote. They have a lot of good choices with rolls but I stay with the traditional cha gio and wrap it up with lettuce and mint for a great appetizer. The grilled meats are great and they're really flexible to special requests. If you want your pho with a pork chop on the side, you can have it. I appreciate that besides being absolutely delicious with an extensive menu and big portions, they're really friendly and basketball or another sport is on the tvs in the background to keep solo diners such as myself entertained before the food comes and I get to gorge. And it's cheap. And they're consistent. That all helps :-) The meal pictured is $8.95 for three kinds of grilled meat, salad, soup on the side, and broken rice. The half order of egg rolls is $3.45 if I'm not mistaken. I drive from Spring Valley for all this wonderfullness, but I would gladly drive in from further as Pho Ca Dao always hits the spot :)

1  Thank KRISTEN U

Reviewed 26 July 2016

If it wasn't a 104 degrees today, I would head over for some soup. Hearty portions. Big pieces of vegetables. Delicious broth. Service is super fast and friendly. It's also very clean too. It's a good choice for the area.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

We have been coming to this location and others for years... Always perfect service and great food !!

Reviewed 18 May 2016

You have to deal with parking but there's usually not a wait once you're inside. Good pho, fresh fixins and very fast service make this a good go to on a cold cloudy day.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

I went here twice just to make sure that I liked it as much as I did. The first time I went in just for Pho and I thought the noodles were overcooked. It depressed me, because I love this type of food. But it was the dinner rush hour and the place was packed, so I decided to come one more time before reviewing Pho Ca Dao.

The second time was just right. I ordered a bowl of Pho and spring role, which was fantastic.

The employees are always very welcoming, the prices are reasonable, the food is good, the ambience is nice. I'd say these owners hit the nail right on the head.

You can go from a regular size bowl of Pho to a large for 90 cents.

I'll go here again and I will bring friends.

1  Thank Charrie63

Been to Pho Ca Dao? Share your experiences!