All reviews wine country wine tasting steam shower gourmet breakfast local wineries los olivos bed and breakfast heated floors beautiful room deluxe room wine hour made to order breakfast rooms are large beautiful property short drive sy kitchen fireplace
Reviewed 6 October 2018

We stayed at the Santa Ynez in for 2 nights on a quick getaway while our son was at camp. It was a lovely experience. We had massages in their spa downstairs which were excellent. The Inn is beautiful and the rooms are very nice. We stayed in room 208. The only problem we encountered was that our fireplace didn't work. We notified the staff and it was fixed and a little note and box of chocolates was placed in our room apologizing for the inconvenience. Breakfast was good and the afternoon wine and night time cookies are a nice touch. Outdoor fireplace/pits are nice. I would definitely recommend this to friends, especially for couples who want a nice trip away from the kids!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CAWinelover
Kristopher M, Employee at Santa Ynez Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review. We strive to offer the highest quality service here in the valley, so I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I'm also glad our staff was able to accommodate you, making sure your fireplace was up and running. I hope you choose to stay with us again next time you're looking for another getaway!

Reviewed 18 September 2018

We went this weekend for our first wedding anniversary and the whole experience was just perfect. From the room (we had a corner room, so we were surrounded by windows), to the very helpful staff, the proximity to vineyards, and the overall comfort of the hotel. Breakfast was great, definitely more than you're likely to get at other hotels. PLUS the wine passport is a true bonus. I'm not sure how often we'll be able to stay here ($$$), but it's on our list of musts.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank guest8587
Kristopher M, Employee at Santa Ynez Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We strive to offer the best service in the valley, so I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us - most notably our gourmet breakfast! I hope you're able to stay with us again next time you're in our area.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

We stayed one night for a quick getaway from LA. I wish I would've been able to call in sick and stay two more nights! Staff are friendly and accommodating. We got the romance package which included champagne and truffles from Solvang. It was super romantic !! Thank you SYI!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank awwyourekute
Kristopher M, Employee at Santa Ynez Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit at Santa Ynez Inn - the romance package is a wonderful choice! Hopefully you two are able to stay with us again sometime so you can try out another one.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Having stayed here at least four times, I know and love this place. All rooms are huge, most with fireplaces. It is an inn, not a full service hotel. Breakfast is served in a lovely room and is delicious. There's cooked to order and buffet available. A small hot tub area is hidden and relaxing outback, and fenced off from lookie loos. Beds are most comfortable and elegant. Bathrooms are huge, with separate water closets and most have separate tubs and showers. Restaurants right next door. No room service after restraunt hours. Robes, slippers and a safe are provided. Beautiful yard to enjoy beautiful evenings.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank cynthiac313
Kristopher M, Employee at Santa Ynez Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely words. I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us - we count ourselves lucky to have guests like you! I'm looking forward to welcoming you back next time you're in our area.

Reviewed 31 August 2018

After some wine tasting, we happened upon the Santa Ynez Inn . . . nice to find a "very nice non-chain hotel". Great amenities: Afternoon wine social with snacks; an evening "dessert & coffee hour"; and freshly cooked breakfast in the morning, all in a very nice hotel with its exterior grounds; not just a swimming pool area. Rooms come in several different levels; unfortunately, we learned that if we wanted a room with a separate walk-in shower we needed to request a "deluxe room" otherwise, you will get a room with a very "deep soaking tub" and shower combination.
We have stayed twice during the last month!!! Imagine that; but that's how much we like this place. Oh, and can't forget to mention, the hotel offers a "wine-tasting passport" that will get you either "complimentary wine tasting (aka free) or a two-for-one tasting" at wine tasting rooms/wineries listed on their "passport"! Such a nice perk! All said, if you are in the area, you've gotta try it!

Stayed: August 2018
Kristopher M, Employee at Santa Ynez Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Thank you for the lovely review, Yoshiko! I am absolutely thrilled to hear how much you have enjoyed your visits with us. It is always a pleasure to host such a wonderful guest as yourself. I hope you're able to stay with us again sometime soon!