“For the Price it is Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hillside Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Rosa
Hillside Inn
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
San Diego, CA
“For the Price it is Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

Convenient location even if not the most upscale place in town. My room was clean and comfortable. Good maid service daily. The breakfast at their affiliated cafe is really great with an upscale menu. Or you can walk to the Lyons Restaurant next door if you want a Denny's type menu. I had good luck with the staff on the phone and in the office and found them to be courteous and helpful at all times. All in all a very reasonable price for a reasonable place to stay. There were 3 groups of us attending an Expo and all of our rooms were quite acceptable.

Room Tip: I was worried that the room near the cafe and street would be noisy but it wasn't.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

Stayed there for only one night 7/22/2011. ROOM 217. The place looked very clean, HOWEVER a day after I came home my whole left side was covered by red, itchy bites, even my face had 4 bites!!! Discussing! When I called, the owner was very rude and said that he will investigate the matter and he hang-up the phone. When I called back he told me that it is my side of a story and he did not owe my anything, and hang-up the phone again!

Room Tip: do not stay there! bed bug bites are quite paintful!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Bronka

Travellers are raving about these Santa Rosa hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2011

this is definately a mom and pop's joint. no bells and whistles, but a clean place to lay your head down at night. I was put off by two things, one the bathroom was tiny and had no fan or heater in it. also, the rooms were not equipped iwth an iron (should be standard in hotels). When I called down to the front desk to inquire about an iron (mind you i'm in pajamas) i was told pretty rudely that i had to go out into the court yard by the pool to access the iron. Now, anyone with experience in "hospitality service" would have been happy to courrier the iron to the room for us. It's no hilton or marriott, but for $78 bucks a night, it would do. I'd stay there again if our priceline bidding does not work again. They'd have gotten a much better rating with me if the owner would have just brought me the iron!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rikkitex
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2010

We had a great stay. Veeeery clean and spacious!!!

• Stayed March 2011
Santa Rosa, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2010

I just got off the phone with whomever answered at the Hillside Inn. My husband and I are looking for a place to stay in Santa Rosa for 2 days while we get utilities and furniture set up at a house we've bought in the area. We have a small 20 lb terrier dog. The AAA Tourbook lists the Hillside Inn and it's quite convenient to where we've bought our house. The AAA Tourbook also has the symbol for accepting pets at this motel.

First impressions are everything, and because of the attitude of the male clerk who answered the phone, I will never stay at this motel with or without a small dog. And I won't recommend it to anyone in my family who needs a place to stay. How the conversation went...

I was pleasant and said "Good Morning - what is your pet policy"? Respondent at Hillside says "What do you have?". I answer "a small 20 lb, well-behaved Westie - looks like Cesar on the commercial". He says "won't accept your dog - too large". I say "what is the maximum size you accept?". He says " smaller...". I say "how small?". He says "smaller...". Until finally I ask "something like a 3 lb yorkie?" He says "yep...", and then he says "try the Flamingo next door...".

Talk about a grump, totally unhelpful, and certainly didn't send the message they were interested in my business now or in the future. The least I would have expected is a response the more major chains use, something such as "I'm sorry, but the maximum size dog we accept is...".

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple