“Great sushi for a decent price”

Shogun Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #94 of 590 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 6 July 2017

Great sushi for a decent price. Service was a little rushed though, which is always disappointing. My son is in the Marine Corp and just got back from Japan. He went to many sushi places over there, and said this one looked very traditional inside (decor). Except for the chairs...in Japan you remove your shoes and sit on the ground around a table. Shogun's sushi was very fresh and delicious.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Went here with friends and we had a great meal, strip mall location out of the way but worth stopping in if your in the area.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

Nice and cozy Japanese ambience and decor. Have never been disappointed with either the food or service and we think it is very good value. When crowded it can be a bit noisy, but still recommend it for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 8 September 2016

Have not been to Shogun since we moved away from Santa Rosa 10 years ago, and it was nice to see that it was still the same wonderful place (although it had moved to a new location). My wife considers their unaju the best she's ever had, and I'm a big fan of the salmon teriyaki (actually a big fan of any salmon dish anywhere, but that's another story). Excellent selection of cold sakes, and the waitress, despite it being her first night on the job, did a great job. Wonderful service and reception.

1  Thank Gordon D
Reviewed 21 July 2016

I have been a customer of Shogun since I was a teenager.. My mom and I would have sushi nights and or even lunches here... The staff was always very nice and they always remembered my mom and I.
If your looking for real sushi places in Santa Rosa, make sure to try this one out. There are some pretty bad ones out there, and this one will keep you coming back for more.

Down side is space, its not a very big place..

1  Thank Mr_Nuthin_Nice