All reviewshard boiled eggsbelgian wafflesroom was cleancontinental breakfastmake your own waffleswine countryyogurttrader joe'spool areawould stay here againrestaurant next doorlarge poolnothing fancyhot tubthe breakfast areasecond floorgreat pool
Reviewed 17 June 2018

This is an older hotel that has upgraded everything really well. From the grounds, the room, the pool, the office, everything has been upgraded. I really appreciated they have dispensers for the shower products. The small bottles every other hotel uses are a hassle to use and the bottles needs to be recycled. I wish all hotels would get with it a use high quality refillable large dispensers for these peoducts.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lauren B, General Manager at Sandman, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

JIMMY P,
Thank you for 5-star review. I am glad you appreciated all of our upgrades and improvements to the hotel. Thank you for your comment about the bath amenities. The Malin + Goetz dispensers are very convenient for our guests and are also very environmentally friendly.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

We asked at check in to have the room next to our friend since this was our healing process after Route 91 concert wouldn’t accommodate. Gave the room right next to them to the people behind us.Otherwise hotel is extremely beautiful & nice

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

j0annjuarez,
I appreciate you providing your feedback. I apologize we weren’t able to get your room next door to your friends. We try our best to accommodate all guest requests and I am sorry we fell short. We hope you return next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

My husband and I had Doctor appointments. The motel, pet area (which had grass and they provided poop bags), and pool were awesome. Rooms were clean and roomy. Doctors offices easy to reach from this location. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank jspuget

jspuget,
Thank you for choosing the Sandman. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the pet amenities. We love when our guests bring their dogs with them! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Won't stay there again. Called and made reservation before taking my daughter to UCSF. During reservations we asked to be by the pool, get there, we were no where near the pool. Kinda easy fix, half hour later by, room by the pool. Ate dinner at Carrows, it was terrible and service was lousy. Returned to room, go to swim and hot tub...heated pool is freezing and warm water only in hot tub. No jets, no bubbles. Ok. Go to take a shower, no soap. Been coming since the 90s and went be back

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jacobson2870

jacobson2870,
I am sorry your recent stay at the Sandman was not up to our expectations. We did unfortunately have a piece of equipment at the pool fail which has since been repaired. I hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

The Sandman is really working to be a fun, modern place to stay, and makes a great effort at being a comfortable affordable option in wine country. The room and lobby had been recently remodeled. The bed was very comfortable. It is a great location, and with Yelp found some awesome places to eat and a coffee house to relax. I felt safe enough to leave my window open all night even though I was alone.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

danayeoman,
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit to the Sandman. we do try to be an affordable option in the wine country. We completed our renovations June 2017 and I am glad you found us to be safe, fun, and comfortable. We hope you are able to return soon.