“Lovely spot for a memorable event”

Tudor Rose English Tea Room
Ranked #16 of 25 Coffee & Tea in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2016

I hosted a bridal shower at Tudor Rose English Tea Room. I worked with Angela, an absolute delight. Together, we developed a luncheon menu of the most wonderful teas and yummy delights. All of our guests came dressed (festive hats were required attire!) We toasted with champagne, had time for traditional shower games, and enjoyed all the sandwiches and baked treats of Tudor Rose. We could not believe the leftovers that guests could take home. (such a nice touch)
As a hostess, one wants things to go exceedingly well. I had guests coming from 4 states and, in fact, we could consider this a "destination" shower. Knowing that guests were putting in such an effort to attend, I was over-the-moon with Tudor Rose and what they did to insure a memorable event for the guests and the bride.

1  Thank SonomaCountyJill

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Our friend is visiting from North Carolina and it is a tradition we visit Tudor Rose.
The tea house is closed Monday and Tuesday, so I called Tuesday night and left
a message. Jackie called my cell phone the next and left a message that we had our reservations for the time I requested.
I so appreciated her call back.
We arrived and we were seated at a lovely table. All three of us ordered something
different. We had the Mary Poppins, Harry Potter and the Florence Nightingale tea sandwich selections. We all enjoyed our choices. We tried a chocolate and orange,
a pumpkin, and apricot pots of tea. All of us enjoyed our tea selections. The Tea Room also has soup and salads. My girlfriend tried the pumpkin soup and she allowed us to sample it, and we all agreed
It was good! If you enjoy tea, please
give Tudor Rose a try.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

This beautifully decorated English Tea room transports one to the best of an English tea room experience. The tables are set with a beautiful assortment of China cups and plates . The menu offers a wide array of tea flavors and assortments of high tea choices. Have taken friends there 4 times and never disappointed. Run by a charming lady from England. The service is excellent. Every food item we have ordered has been wonderful and exceeded expectations. In addition to the teas, special events are put on from mystery dinners to etiquette classes and teas for young people. A place to definitely visit when in the area.

Reviewed 5 August 2016

The atmosphere was very inviting and the owner was very friendly. I gave it three stars because I thought it was quite expensive and the scones were very small. Tea for 2 and 2 scones a piece was $30+

Reviewed 28 July 2016

I love British tea rooms, and over the past 50 years, I have enjoyed them quite often, from small villages in the Cotswolds to London and into Scotland and Wales. They are everywhere in Britain, and they are often the best of British food. This misleadingly titled spot in no way resembles the ones I know and love. It is pretentious, which is hard to do when you have mismatched flatware and china, very ordinary pastries and sandwiches. The only authentic British quality it has is...well, it actually has none. If you ever can, travel to London and have afternoon tea at Brown's. Then you will understand.