See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 October 2018

It is a nice hotel for a stay close to the Napa Valley/Russian River area.
Nice room and clean bathroom. The internet is not working always and you have to exit the room and approach the reception area to have a better signal.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2018

I don't know how I didn't see the reviews before I booked. This hotel was the worst of our trip. Our room smelt terribly of cigarette. It smelt like it was in the furniture. We were woken by our neighbours banging on their door. They then continued a very loud conversation throughout the night that could be heard perfectly as there was no soundproofing. When I spoke the front desk about these issues I got a non sincere apology so just left it. Also the shower head was on the outside of the shower so when trying to wash my kids it meant water ended up all over the floor. They advertise free wifi but it is a weak signal. You need to pay for a stronger signal.

Room tip: Go somewhere else!
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We traveled to Santa Rosa to go to the Sonoma fair on aug 11th 2018! it was supposed to be a family fun time! But instead my 13 year old son got offered drugs from some guys standing on the staircase next to the Landry area! This was at motel 6 Santa Rosa ca south! Prostitution every ware and people upstairs or next door where smoking pot so much it was coming into are room my poor son with allergies was coughing all freakin night!! Worst stay ever this place sucks if you have a family trust me not the place for a family!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Elena V
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Santa Rosa South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear Elena, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We apologize for your unpleasant stay as a result of the concerns you describe. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

It would have been really nice to know that there wasn't a mini fridge or coffee maker in my room. I've never stayed somewhere that didn't have these things. Even while hosteling, there is at least a community fridge. It was decently cleaned, however it absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke. I heard someone else complaining about it as well. It smelled like a lot of past guests were smoking in there. They might as well just stop advertising it as non-smoking. I picked up an air freshener from the Target down the street, but it didn't help much.

I purchased the wi-fi for a few days. The manager gave me the first 2 days free, which I appreciated, especially after getting back to my room and seeing how bad the connection was. I was constantly getting disconnected.

I didn't think the neighborhood was too bad, but there were definitely some sketchy people staying there. The first afternoon some guy was walking around the parking lot screaming obscenities about the laundry room. I could hear random fights in other rooms, and my last morning there I was woken up at 6am by someone pounding on my neighbor's door.

The staff overall seemed to be pretty burned out and not very helpful. I stopped into the office my first morning to ask if there was a cafe nearby (needed some good coffee and wifi.) The woman at the desk closest to me didn't even look up or acknowledge my presence, and I had to wait for the woman behind me to get off the phone. When I inquired about nearby cafes, I was told, "I don't know. There's a restaurant next door," and she then went back to what she was doing. I ended up going for a walk and finding a mall with a Starbucks down the road.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Kim M
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Santa Rosa South, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear Kim, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the various issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

This place is a dump and deserves to be shut down and in the ghetto,this place is horrible and the room has weird stains on the carpet.The pool smells like vomit it is just like all norcal motels there.This not a place for families at all and the staff were very rude,and the beds looked like they were unmade and very unclean in the room.It was a very horrible stay and I hope no one has to go through what I went through.WORST MISTAKE EVER.

Date of stay: January 2017