“Amazing As Ever!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 13 January 2018

I have been going to La Vera Pizza for many many years. My aunt and I used to meet up on Fridays when I was a student at the JC and she was working downtown. My favorite was always the mixed green salad with their creamy Italian dressing. She would order a pizza or pasta and we'd always finish with the White Chocolate Gelato. Well today my mom and I were downtown and went to La Vera, omg the memories always greet me at the door, the smell of good food, old wooden floors and the coffee at the entrance. I had the Grilled Cheese and Procuttio Sandwich, my mom, the Classic La Vera Pizza. EVERYTHING was amazing. Thank you for keeping the standards up and for making this a better pick than Mary's. Good food, served by a great staff, and a happy tummy ok two happy tummies will make this a place to return often.

The owner of La Vera is a Crustiest (SP) and when I did my Cursillo weekend, our Saturday dinner was their lasagna and salad, omg it was so good. Thank you so much for providing us with a great Italian dinner.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 20 August 2017

We recently visited Santa Rosa, California. While walking around what I think might be considered the town square, we became hungry and happened upon La Vera Pizza. It was a great find. The service was exceptional ... and the quality of the food was great. I highly recommend La Vera Pizza.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 11 July 2017

This is a great place to relax and enjoy a real taste of Italy. The pizza is as good as everyone says. They allow 1/2 and 1/2 toppings, so today we went for 1/2 pepperoni and 1/2 chicken with artichokes. We shared a Caesar salad, and our attentive waiter made sure we had extra plates for all our sharing. Nice Italian music (in an Italian restaurant -- what a concept!) accompanied our meal. Reasonable price, always delicious food and friendly service, makes this a regular stop for us whenever we are in Santa Rosa.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 24 May 2017

We had a pleasant enough dining experience here sitting outdoors on a cool evening, and the wait staff were great, but overall, the food was not as good as I'd hoped when reading prior reviews.

The mushrooms in the stuffed mushroom starter were under-cooked, and I don't care for mushrooms raw at all while I really enjoy properly cooked ones.

And the pizza was not great and seemed quite pricey @ $24+ for a 12 inch. The ingredients seemed fresh, as others have noted, but pizza is about flavor and texture, and this one didn't measure up.

Our by the glass wines were decent pours and reasonable.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 17 January 2017

we eat here often. great pizza and other Italian offerings. It can be hard to find parking during the day. The food is great and the service is good.

Date of visit: November 2016