“OMG! Great Food, Great Waiter!”
Review of Jack and Tony's

Jack and Tony's
Ranked #57 of 548 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Davis St. and Wilson St.
Reviewed 7 May 2017

We stopped by here after walking the area and figuring this menu looked the best for both of us. It was empty on a Saturday night, which made us wonder why. After the meal though, we were assuming it was empty because it was the day after Cinco De Mayo and people were just staying in... The food was so good!! The waiter told us the chicken noodle soup was the best he ever had so my boyfriend decided to try it. He said the waiter was telling the truth and it was literally the best chicken noodle soup ever!! I had the butter lettuce salad with the homemade ranch and the greens tasted like they were just picked. I ordered the steak and it was the best cooked medium-rare steak I've ever had. It's hard to master it and it was really really good. Between the both of us we cleaned our plates. Prices are higher than an average place but not your standard prices for the area. The waiter was on his game and it was a great night. It was an awesome surprise find for our date night.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

Avoid the oysters; smallest we've seen. Scallops similarly minuscule. Beet/goat cheese salad was fab and their homemade ketchup was a treat. Very inattentive service on s slow day.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

Had my birthday diner there. We were just going in for happy hour but the menu looked so appealing! The waitress (ask for Esther) was SUPER knowledgeable about the Whiskeys and my husband loved his taste flight. The food was excellent too.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

Located in Railroad Square in “old-town” Santa Rosa this is a west coast version of an old New York lower east side era brick townhouse. Right on the sidewalk, the indoor tables provide street-seating atmosphere making the inside room light and bright. The weather cooperated with a warm 76-degrees, so it was delightful to be outside-inside. We sat at the 12 seat bar on very comfortable stools although there were also some tables in the rear of the bar area. The large dining area inside was open and airy. The interior is red brick walls and tin-inlay type ceiling, wood flooring and heavy mahogany accents, including the marble bar and mirrored back bar, and high ceilings with ceiling fans. We were told it began as the old Grand Hotel building, which after the San Francisco earthquake, became a rooming house, was not cared for and fell in disrepair; recently rehabbed during the downtown revival. ...The drinks were good, the bartender friendly, and a nice menu. We had the scallops wrapped in bacon prepared excellently with an apple reduction sauce over risotto cooked perfectly; also the golden beats with goat cheese was delicious, as was my burger made with fresh meat cooked perfectly, juicy with tangy taste. Good food, courteous attentive staff…but a bit pricey. However it rates high for me,

Reviewed 13 November 2016

I will preface this by saying that we did have a large group but I would think it wasn't the first time a large group has dined here. We were given a new waitress for a table of 14.
The poor girl was overwhelmed and rightfully so but it did cause delays and confusion. She did her best and I can accept that but she never have been put in the situation and with no help. Our food met with varied success, two of ordered steaks that were far from good, both tough and filled with grissle. I would not suggest ordering the steak. Other dishes rated from okay to good. But one of my biggest gripes came when a member of our group asked to speak with the manager, the response given was "he's too busy to talk". Can you imagine that, too busy to talk with a customer? That alone should be reason enough to dine elsewhere. So, poor service (not our server), average at best food and terrible management is reason enough to avoid this spot.