“Great Italian restaurant”

Basilico Cucina Italiana
Reserve with OpenTable
Basilico Cucina Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #129 of 590 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

Our first experience in this italian restaurant. In general they serve quality food at an affordable price. We had the home made fettucini con gamberi and gnocchi with gorgonzola and nuts. Both well made. We split the tiger prawns with basilico, excellent.
For dessert we enjoyed the cannoli.
Good variety of local and italian wines and great service.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

Enjoyed Happy Hour several time, but this was our second visit to the restaurant. Last time was one of the Fridays shortly after they opened. The place was hectic and crazy then. This past Friday was not much more enjoyable. The food and service were very good both times. We had the Sacchetto Vegetariano and the Seafood Special. Both were excellent and presented well. Looking forwarding to returning and trying other item on the menu. They also have an excellent full bar and a good by the glass wine selection.

Reviewed 11 July 2016

The bartender told me happy hour was over, so I ordered a glass of wine off the wine list. As I was sipping the wine, I noticed the happy hour menu, which stated it went until 6 PM. I checked my phone and it said 6:04. I asked the bartender how long I had been there and he said about 10 minutes. Then I showed him the time. Whoops! He blamed the computer and offered to speak to the manager, but I declined, paid my bill and left with 1/2 my wine unfinished. Talk about a bad first impression...

Reviewed 6 June 2016

By far the best Italian Restaurant in the area
Chef Owner Angelo and his wife have created a genuine Southern Italian restaurant in Sonoma County.
Angelo and his team prepare delicious daily Sicilian specials.
I had a grilled fresh halibut with a Sicilian sauce, absolutely wonderful.
Chef Angelo's fresh pastas are subloime.
Service is friendly and professional.
I have been there on several occasions and was never disappointed!
Great atmosphere (sometimes a bit noisy)!:

Reviewed 26 February 2016

This place has been opened for two months. The food is outstanding. It is authentic Italian with great fusion of flavors, amazing atmosphere and stellar service. At one point, Chef/owner Angelo Cucco and his wife, Andrea went around and greeted customers. They brought us fresh bread to start. The olive oil, garlic, oregano, sun-dried tomato with a touch of anchovy to brighten this dip was truly one of the most delectable bread dipping oils I have tasted. The restaurant offers gluten free pasta too. I had the Gamberoni al Basilico which was tiger prawns sauteed with garlic, white wine and basil lemon sauce. The prawns were cooked to perfection and the sauce was so wonderful, I wanted to take the sauce home and try to figure out the ingredients so I could make it myself. My husband had the Caprese salad and Pappardelle alla Bolognese. His grandparents were Italian and he said this was true Italian cuisine. The chef makes the pasta fresh! Two atmospheres are offered - quiet in the back of the restaurant and fun noise in the bar area of the restaurant. Both areas are appealing for different reasons. We paired our food with local winery, St. Francis chardonnay which was an excellent enhancement to the delicate flavors. We were full, but could not pass on the great array of dessert offerings. We decided to share the Semifreddo with vanilla ice cream, slivered almonds... I am so happy to have an excellent restaurant in Santa Rosa that is comparable to restaurants in Napa Valley. This is truly amazing food for a reasonable price and great atmosphere. The waitress was outstanding. Her name was Geralynn. Great experience from beginning to end. The restaurant was already full by 6:30 pm on a Friday night. every time we drive by it the parking lot is full. We recommend you make reservations if arriving after 5:30 pm.

1  Thank Janscience