“Best Pizza in Santa Paula, except maybe Enzo's”

Zapparelli's Pizzeria
Ranked #5 of 51 Restaurants in Santa Paula
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: Come in and enjoy a great pizza menu, fresh salad bar, and amazing sandwiches while Zapparelli's Pizzeria takes care of all your hunger needs! Choose from a variety of delicious items from tempting appetizers to unique staff creations. We're best known for our pizza, with its tangy sauces and ample toppings you'll never be disappointed. The quality of our ingredients is second to none and the flavors are unforgettable! Extra hungry? Try our Supreme Combo Pizza - it's the greatest combination pizza ... Ever. Our crew has been serving the Santa Paula community for nearly 30 years so you can trust that we know a thing or two about what makes good food great. We offer a great family-friendly environment with a welcoming atmosphere and great customer service. Whether you choose to dine in, pick up, or have your meal delivered right to your door, you and your taste buds are sure to be pleased! Treat yourself to a Zapparelli's Pizzeria lunch or dinner soon!
Reviewed 25 April 2016

This was previously a Round Table Pizza franchise/location. And I like Round Table pizza. Not in a "OMG this is the best pizza on the planet" way. But it was always reliably good pizza. I was comfortable in the familiarity, I knew I wouldn't go wrong. I thought when ownership changed the quality would go downhill. I was wrong. Zap's is deliciously good pizza. The ingredients always seem fresh, the sauce is tasty, the people who work there are very nice and welcoming. They are my "go-to" location for Sunday football pizza action, and when I just don't feel like cooking but I want something that I like. They have a nice selection of pies, and their chicken wings are pretty good. The new Ranch dressing seems almost homemade and is a major upgrade from the previous prepackaged dressing. I buy it, I like it. I wish they had specials, although when I whine, they hook me up with a coupon that gives me a buck or two off, I like that also. As I wrote this, I upgraded them from 3 to 4 stars because they are very good, not incredible (but then what is?!) but very good. The pizzas certainly cost a bit more then any of the other joints in Santa Paula (SP), but you get what you pay for. All I know is that when I want a pizza in SP, that's where I go...fo'rilz!!!

Gary Z, Owner at Zapparelli's Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Deliciously good, Ray? I'll take it! Words can't express how much all of us love being your "go-to" spot -- thanks so much for the kind words of support. I can't wait to see you again for more of your favorite pies!

All the best,

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Local favorite with awesome pizza, big salad bar and beers on tap. Thin, regular and deep dish style pizza crust. They roll dimples in the crust and dust with corn granules that make for a crispier crust. This place used to be a Round Table Pizza and the owner decided to leave the franchise after 10 plus years. Actually the ingredients are the same or better quality. Big enough for team parties of around 50 in the front and back rooms. The prices are fair for a nicely appointed sit down or carry out. They have a nice selection of sauces and specialty toppings. The salad bar has broccoli, spinach, hard boiled eggs, crushed bacon, which what I like. The lunch specials are around $8.50 for a personal pizza, small salad trip and soda, having a buy 5 lunch card with the 6th one free. I go about once or twice a month.

Gary Z, Owner at Zapparelli's Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2016

Thank you for thinking so highly of us, Roy -- your words of support truly mean the world! You deserve to enjoy a five-star experience each time you visit, so it's truly wonderful to know you do. Come back for another lunch special soon! (We'll have plenty of crushed bacon for your salad!)

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 April 2016

Pizza is great, service is great. Price is a little high. Nothing on the pizza was excessive, sauce, cheese, and meats were all great. All of the folks kept busy the whoe time we were in the restaurant. We would easily go back.

Gary Z, Owner at Zapparelli's Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2016

Thanks so much for the 5 stars! Glad you love the pizza! And it's great to see our staff was so attentive! Come back soon!

Best,

Reviewed 17 March 2016

Glad to have finally found a decent Pizza parlor close to home. Being from Fillmore, there is not much to choose from. From now on when we want Pizza we will go here. It may be a little pricier than the other pizza places around but you get what you pay for. We got take-out. The service was good. We got the Supreme Combo. The pizza was full of toppings. Only ate two pieces and I was full. Looking forward to trying other menu options.

Gary Z, Owner at Zapparelli's Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2016

Thanks for the five stars! Glad you enjoyed the Supreme Combo!

Come back soon!

Reviewed 25 February 2016 via mobile

Very enjoyable gourmet pizza. Love the sweet chili sauce. Priced high compared to other local pizzerias. Delivery times accurate.

Gary Z, Owner at Zapparelli's Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2016

Thanks for the five stars, Maureen! Glad you love the pizza and the sweet chili sauce! Hope to see you again soon!

Best,