1,172 results
All reviews sister hotel catch restaurant beautiful hotel ocean view beautiful lobby santa monica beach lobby bar turn down service luxury hotel location is great los angeles valet parking shutters pier concierge bathtub coast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited in September as part of our Pacific Coast Highway Trip. This has to be one of my favourite hotels that I’ve been to. Effortless luxury and relaxation without feeling overwhelmed or over pampered as can be the case in other high end resorts. If you want a top notch hotel to relax in look no further.

Room with ocean view is a must!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My overall experience was average at best! I don't understand the hype!!! I guess people just want to be able to say they stayed @ Casa del Mar! Honestly I could have stayed at Holiday Inn, saved myself hundreds & used the extra cash on activities. The hotel is very old & there aren't even balconies off the rooms! As long as I can remember I've associated the beach with balcony rooms. There is nothing like watching the sun rise or set from the balcony! Or stepping out on the balcony & tasting the salt water on your lips. Plus for $600+ per night, I'm thinking a balcony is mandatory! But there are none at this hotel & it takes away from the experience! Also, the beds are too soft & the pillows are HORRIBLE! I had a crook in my neck for a week after sleeping on them! I was Extremely Underwhelmed! Think twice before spending the money on this place, there are better deals on Ocean Blvd!!!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2018

From the minute you walk in, your are transported into old Hollywood elegance and charm. The staff is so gracious and inviting, the rooms are spectacular and proximity to the beach is fantastic!! The food and beverage services are top notch! We can't wait to visit again!

Room Tip: Ocean view is a must!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2018

I have stayed in several properties in the area. None can live up to Casa del Mar. While pricey, this property is 5* all the way and is the one that feels most like a resort due to its outstanding ocean front location. The view from the beautiful pool deck is mesmerizing. The rooms are pure luxury and service utterly faultless. A real treat to stay here!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2018

My daughter and I came into town to see a concert at staple center. This hotel was so accommodating for our needs. It was easy to get to and once we arrived everything was within walking distance. We rented bicycles, took advantage of the spa, and had no need to dine anywhere other than the hotel. We were actually sad to leave! I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
DanielBESantaMonica, VP of Sales and Marketing at Hotel Casa del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Sally K

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at the beach.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Charlie Lopez-Quintana