1,221 results
All reviews hotel california movie posters eagles song great location the santa monica pier hardwood floors muscle beach queen bed separate bedroom an older hotel beach hotel third street promenade ocean view james carter surfboard block
Reviewed 5 August 2018

We ended up staying here at the last minute this week. We were pleasantly surprised by the Sea Blue. It was clean, convenient to the pier, steps from the beach, and shopping/restaurants in Santa Monica. Hotels are notoriously expensive in Santa Monica and this provided a somewhat affordable good option for this area. Carter was esp helpful to us at check in and we found the room to be clean. Ask for a room in the back as front rooms face Ocean Ave and are noisier than in back. Room was cheerful, cute and hotel is on Ocean Ave with many other much more expensive hotels so the area is great.

Room tip: Choose a room in back
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Sea Blue S, General Manager at Sea Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear courtcog,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I am so happy to hear that you had a great stay! Carter always makes sure that all of our guests are well taken care of and enjoy their stay. I appreciate you mentioning the great service he provided you.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

My room was newly painted and decorated and everything was spotless and happy. The ceiling fan was usually all I needed to stay cool but I used the AC in the afternoon. The staff were helpful. You couldn't find a better location. A gate allows access from the hotel to the beach and it's next to the pier.

Room tip: I understand some rooms have AC and others don't. Request it when you book if you want it.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Sea Blue S, General Manager at Sea Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear ImGoneTraveling,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

The remodel is coming along and we plan many great upgrades soon. Our team takes much pride in providing the most comfortable stay. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful location

Glad to see that you enjoyed all that Santa Monica has to offer.

Best, Mari Estrada

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

We just stayed at the Sea Blue Hotel and absolutely everything was perfect! From our check in with Denise to check out with Denise, we had a wonderful stay! Denise was so sweet and helpful- she even showed us our room before it was time for check in. She made sure we had everything we needed and brought extra towels and made sure cots were brought in for the kids. She told us about the pier and Venice Beach too. Denise actually cared about our stay at the Sea Blue Hotel as well as us having fun with the kids in Santa Monica! The hotel itself is absolutely adorable and in such a neat spot- just a stairway down to the beach area and pier! Not only was Denise so kind and helpful, but all the staff we met were just as friendly! We will definitely come back and totally tell our friends and family about this wonderful cute hotel.

Dear kristinkeith2018,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I am so happy to hear that you had a great stay! Denise always makes sure that all of our guests are well taken care of and enjoy their stay. I appreciate you mentioning the great service she provided you.

Best, Mari Estrada

Reviewed 23 July 2018

I live in CA but my family and I wanted a staycation by the beach and this hotel was close to perfect. Denise at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The hotel provided beach towels and access to the beach which was great. The room is very simple, not luxurious but it was great if you plan on spending most of your time at the beach.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Sea Blue S, Manager at Sea Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear Beth,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience.

I am so happy to hear that you had a great staycation! Denise always makes sure that all of our guests are taken care of. I appreciate you mentioning the great service she provided you.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I have just spent 4 nights enjoying the hospitality at Sea Blue and would highly recommend it. Having travelled around California for 3 weeks and stayed at 8 different hotels, I can honestly say that our time at the Sea Blue was the best out of the whole trip - we wish we had spent longer and not moved onto our next place. It is so central to everything at Santa Monica and in easy access for a bike ride to Venice beach or the metro to downtown LA. Our room had an amazing view of the Pier, a balcony to enjoy breakfast on and was 100 metres to the beach. The fans in the room kept them cool and the beds were very comfortable. I realise some people have been annoyed by the work taking place next door but we were out enjoying the many things to do in the area during the day so were never bothered by it and come evening it had stopped. So if you want to stay in an affordable, comfortable and central location, this is the ideal place to stay.

1  Thank qali2018

Dear qali2018,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I'm very happy to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay and all of the fun things to do in Santa Monica. Our team takes pride in providing a comfortable stay for our guests.

We hope to see you again soon!