“You've got to be kidding”
Review of Sea Blue Hotel

Sea Blue Hotel
Ranked #21 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Dirty, old, parking $38 in the small parking lot at hotel front. Walls like paper. Pounding feet up from 2AM to 7AM. Cleaners screaming at top of lungs starting from 7AM , no respect for guests. Homeless sleeping a few steps away. Restaurant next door gave us food poising. All for $350 per night, A total waste of time and money. NEVER AGAIN! Stay away.

Room Tip: Just dont do it any room is awful but if you must get a room up
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Teresa D
Hotel Californi... S, Manager at Sea Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear Teresa D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We know your time is very valuable.

You are very important to us and I am truly sorry for your experience. I can assure you that I am addressing the housekeeping concerns.

Please advise me if I can be of further assistance.

Mari Estrada

Write a ReviewReviews (1,148)

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Not really impressed with the California Hotel if you consider the room rate. But I guess that comes with the location. Which is awesome if you want to Check out the Pier and Muscle Beach which you arrive to in a 2 minutes walk.
If there’s space in the tiny parking lot in front of the Hotel you can park there which is really convenient.
To the Room:
We liked that it was on the second floor, bath was tiny but fine. The guy at the reception friendly.
We didn't like the bedsheets ...knot sure how fresh they where. Spots and hair on it. The safe was broken. And again, value versus what we got, really really dissapointing. Can't imagine how to give an excellent rating here. But then it's always subject to taste I guess.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel Californi... S, General Manager at Sea Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Mick-Hotwaterbottle,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your thoughts regarding your recent stay. We strive to always be the best value on the beach in Santa Monica. Although the area's prices are some of the highest in the country, we at The Hotel California work diligently to keep our room rates as some of the lowest on the beach. We are working on acquiring all new sheets, blankets, and all sorts of comfy things for our amazing guests. I feel confident that the next time you visit us you will be pleasantly surprised!

All the Best,

James Broome

Reviewed 9 August 2017

My brother and I stayed at The Hotel California Aug 1st and the 2nd. The Alcove Suite we stayed in was spacious, comfortable, and designed perfectly as we are big movie fans. Would like to say a big thank you to James Broome (General Manager) who retrieved my Samsung IPad I forgot in one of the drawers. I was already on my way home and he made sure to take care of it personally. I later find out that he didnt even charge our account and sent it out of his own pocket. I must say the display of customer care he showed really impressed me and Im telling everyone I know to stay at this Hotel If in Santa Monica. The whole staff at the Hotel was very friendly and took care of all the needs we needed. The Hotel is located in a great location close to many restaurants and the pier. I will always stay at this hotel when I am in the area. Once again Thank You to James Broome and the entire staff.

Room Tip: great staff, great location, great hotel, customer friendly, suites are large and spacious,
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Hotel Californi... S, General Manager at Sea Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Eric,

I can't thank you enough for this incredible review! I can truly say that without the staff of this hotel my job would be impossible. I am sharing your review with our entire staff. This type of recognition really helps everyone, including myself, push forward and strive to be the best that we can be at our jobs.

You and your family will always have a place here at The Hotel California. Do not hesitate to alert us when you start making plans to come back. We'll be sure to secure you a nice upgrade, along with one of our "awesome guest" discounts!

Thanks again Eric,

James Broome

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Just a short walk to the famous Santa Monica beach and pier, the Hotel California exudes the California vibe of beach, surf, and rock and roll. Our room had old rock posters, a surfboard and a guitar hanging on the bedroom wall. Hand-painted decorated ceiling areas accented the skylight and ceiling fan. The AC kept us cool. The small 1950/1960 bathroom could use some updating. We used the refrigerator to store wine and water. Unfortunately there weren't wine glasses, a corkscrew, or a coffee maker. At $375/night I think there should have been a few more amenities, though the toiletries in the bathroom were nice. Alexis at the front desk was great. She gave us handy parking tips for our rental car and stored our luggage on our last day so we could suck up a few more hours of sun and water. Summary - terrific location, nice people, tons of personality and charm.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel Californi... S, Manager at Sea Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Vandy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us! I have shared your review with Alexis. It is our priority to make sure your stay is the best! We have noted your suggestions for possible future enhancements.

We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!

Reviewed 6 August 2017

The rooms were dates and not very decent, but make do. The location was amazing if you want to live in Santa Monica near the beach, and the staff are incredibly helpful even after you've left. I had an issue with my payment/card and I called them from India and within half an hour my issue was resolved. What more, free tshirts when you stay there. Free Bananas and Coffee too.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo