“Big thank you to James Broome and the entire staff”
Review of Sea Blue Hotel

Sea Blue Hotel
Ranked #21 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed 9 August 2017

My brother and I stayed at The Hotel California Aug 1st and the 2nd. The Alcove Suite we stayed in was spacious, comfortable, and designed perfectly as we are big movie fans. Would like to say a big thank you to James Broome (General Manager) who retrieved my Samsung IPad I forgot in one of the drawers. I was already on my way home and he made sure to take care of it personally. I later find out that he didnt even charge our account and sent it out of his own pocket. I must say the display of customer care he showed really impressed me and Im telling everyone I know to stay at this Hotel If in Santa Monica. The whole staff at the Hotel was very friendly and took care of all the needs we needed. The Hotel is located in a great location close to many restaurants and the pier. I will always stay at this hotel when I am in the area. Once again Thank You to James Broome and the entire staff.

Room Tip: great staff, great location, great hotel, customer friendly, suites are large and spacious,
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Hotel Californi... S, General Manager at Sea Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Eric,

I can't thank you enough for this incredible review! I can truly say that without the staff of this hotel my job would be impossible. I am sharing your review with our entire staff. This type of recognition really helps everyone, including myself, push forward and strive to be the best that we can be at our jobs.

You and your family will always have a place here at The Hotel California. Do not hesitate to alert us when you start making plans to come back. We'll be sure to secure you a nice upgrade, along with one of our "awesome guest" discounts!

Thanks again Eric,

James Broome

Write a ReviewReviews (1,148)

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Just a short walk to the famous Santa Monica beach and pier, the Hotel California exudes the California vibe of beach, surf, and rock and roll. Our room had old rock posters, a surfboard and a guitar hanging on the bedroom wall. Hand-painted decorated ceiling areas accented the skylight and ceiling fan. The AC kept us cool. The small 1950/1960 bathroom could use some updating. We used the refrigerator to store wine and water. Unfortunately there weren't wine glasses, a corkscrew, or a coffee maker. At $375/night I think there should have been a few more amenities, though the toiletries in the bathroom were nice. Alexis at the front desk was great. She gave us handy parking tips for our rental car and stored our luggage on our last day so we could suck up a few more hours of sun and water. Summary - terrific location, nice people, tons of personality and charm.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel Californi... S, Manager at Sea Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Vandy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us! I have shared your review with Alexis. It is our priority to make sure your stay is the best! We have noted your suggestions for possible future enhancements.

We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!

Reviewed 6 August 2017

The rooms were dates and not very decent, but make do. The location was amazing if you want to live in Santa Monica near the beach, and the staff are incredibly helpful even after you've left. I had an issue with my payment/card and I called them from India and within half an hour my issue was resolved. What more, free tshirts when you stay there. Free Bananas and Coffee too.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Very surprised to find this amazing bungalow style hotel right on the beach in Santa Monica.

I stayed for two nights with my daughter and would chose this hotel over all the 5 star resorts any day of the week!

And thanks Carter on the front desk for juggling things around so we could keep the same room over our stay, he couldn't have been more helpful

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Hotel Californi... S, Manager at Sea Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear jasonsasha,

Thank you for sharing your experience! We think Carter is pretty amazing too! We appreciate your time and loyalty and we are thrilled you loved our hotel.

We look forward to seeing you and your family again.

Safe travels!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Room 29A - queen bed area separated by a curtain from the living area with a loveseat and twin bed. Window AC unit kept us nice and cool at night!

First, my five star review is for this 3 star hotel. This isn't a brand new, fully modernized hotel. I booked this location fully aware of that fact. What you'll find is a hotel with a lot of character. The furnishings are older but very well kept - and they add to the charm. The bathroom definitely could use a little loving with broken tiles and patched grout and not very good shower pressure, but again - It kind of added to the beachy feel. The room was clean and the queen size bed very comfy! They are in an excellent location to everything in Santa Monica. It is a short sidewalk and set of stairs down to the sand.

My recommendation would be to skip the car rental if you are only going to be local, especially with the $36/night parking fee. They have a very small lot but if there's not a space you park in the middle and leave them your keys so it works out!

The customer service every time I called or walked into the little lobby area was excellent (I only remember Carter but everyone was incredibly nice). We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: 29A - large room with some ocean view
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel Californi... S, Manager at Sea Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Hello amy13amy,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are the perfect location for a summer retreat. Your feedback is very important to us and we have shared your review with Carter and the entire team.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance!