2,671 results
All reviews fig restaurant fig tree ocean tower bungalow bar lobby lounge street promenade beautiful property concierge desk car service venice beach turn down service beverly hills hotel in santa monica valet staff los angeles ocean front valet parking
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We were staying at another hotel and switched to the Fairmont. The restaurant Fig is amazing and the room were were given was excellent. The staff was very accommodating and included a dog bed and treats for our labradoodle. Will definitely stay again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
joshuaschaeffer, Director of Guest Services at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Greetings 437daryll,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! Our staff loves it when guests bring the entire family, furry siblings included! I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

My wife booked a 1-night surprise "stay-cation" for Father's Day for us and our two small children at the Fairmont Miramar in Santa Monica and it turned out to be a nightmare. I had heard stories of the disparate treatment given to guests who book on third party travel sites at these large chain hotels but I had never experienced it first hand--until now! In our case, my wife booked the room at the Fairmont on Travelocity (and I'm even a President's Club member, which of course she didn't know about when she booked!). When we checked in to the hotel we were given the worst room in the category my wife booked--literally! In fact, the hotel was not shy about telling us that the room we got was the only room available for our "category" which we interpreted to mean our Travelocity booking. Here's how it unfolded:

We arrived at the hotel the day before Father's Day and when we checked in we told the front desk that my wife is claustrophobic and we wanted a room on a higher floor/a room with light. They said our room was facing the pool and would meet our needs. When we arrived at our room we discovered we were misled. The room faces directly into the wall of another building. The room also has no ceiling lights in the living room or bedroom. Just a desk lamp in the living room and two night stand lamps in the bedroom. It was a dark cave, to say the least! I immediately returned to the front desk to plead with them to move us to a room with "light" as promised but I was given the standard front desk automated response of "sorry--we are fully committed". I even asked to be downgraded to two smaller rooms on higher floors and the request was denied based on the hotel being at "full capacity". Conveniently however, I was offered an upgrade to an "owner's suite" with light for another $400 on top of the $563 we had already paid for the "cave" room on Travelocity. After insisting further I was shown another room on an even lower floor (I didn't think that was even possible) with plants in front of the windows (which made it even darker) but also facing a building. I politely declined.

I returned to my wife to convince her to sleep in the room ("have some wine, it will relax you and make you forget about the room") but it really didn't work! I decided to go on the Fairmont website to see if they actually had rooms at the hotel that night and guess what?--they did! Several in fact in the same category and many in other categories. As tempted as I was to book a second room at the hotel that my wife could stay in I resisted as I didn't want to throw more good money after bad and separate our family. Long story long we had to get "creative" to put my wife at ease in the room we had already paid so much for. A disaster of a Father's day weekend!

The next day (Father's Day) when we were checking out I told the young lady at the front desk our stay was "unremarkable". She asked why and I told her the story. She suggested the Front Desk Manager (Mr. Conti?) speak with me to see what he could do on adjusting our bill (we spent another $500+ at the hotel in one night on the restaurant, spa, room service, parking, etc.). I waited while the Manager helped a guest, then another guest, then another, and I realized he was going to brush me off until I left. Which is exactly what I had to do because I had my wife and two little kids waiting in the car.

By the way, we let Travelocity know of our experience and they contacted the hotel. The hotel denied any knowledge of the situation. Thank god for tripadvisor to voice our grievances!

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank vipeventsla

Greetings VIPeventsla,

I am really sorry to hear about your stay with us. I can assure you and every other guest who books on travelocity or any other third party booking site that we treat all guests equally. As you mentioned, you did receive the room you booked. Fathers day weekend we were indeed sold out with only a few of our largest suites left available. We always go out of our way to ensure our guests are comfortable in every way. I would like to speak with you further about this as I am sure we can make things right. Please feel free to contact me directly at: joshua.schaeffer@fairmont.com

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Made a reservation at the hotel’s restaurant called FIG for a party of 11 for friend’s bachelorette farewell brunch. For no extra charge they gave us the private dining room which was adorably decorated and featured a flat screen TV to watch the World Cup. The food is great and reasoably priced at FIG. But what makes a great brunch OUTSTANDING is exceptional service. FIG exceeded our expectations. Our server, Jerry, was charming, attentive, and took care of our group’s every need, including bringing complimentary mimosas and pizza to cure our bachelorette festivity hangovers. I will definitely host future events at FIG and will always request Jerry as our server. This place is a hidden gem - not insanely crowded or overpriced like a lot of Santa Monica spots for weekend brunch with attentive, wonderful customer service.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank KimberlyB2363

Hello Kimberly B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this wonderful 5 star review about Fig. Jerry is an amazing team member and always goes above and beyond to serve our guests. I am glad to hear that your brunch went perfectly. We look forward to welcoming you back again really soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2018

I’ve stayed in many 5 star hotels in LA, as well as throughout the world and there’s a service that is expected with paying the additional dolors. Fairmont hotel completely failed in helpfulness, staff going out of their ways to fix a problem, and their overall attitude. We arrived at 5, they had lost one of my reservations (although I had a confirmation). It took them a few hours to find another room for us. And that room had a few things broken and not working. No apologies. No compensation. After paying over $700 for their best room, WiFi was additional $9.95/day. On-line Checkout did not work, kept giving me error message and I was already in a meeting and they never sent me a checkout statement. Staff arrogant and not very friendly.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com
1  Thank Sherry S

Greetings Sherry S,

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us fell short of expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly so that I may learn more about your stay and make it right. I look forward to speaking with you.

joshua.schaeffer@fairmont.com

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Joshua and the team at Fairmont helped us book our stay at Fairmont Kea Lani - (Maui, Hawaii). They took care of the entire booking and followed-up to make sure our 3-year anniversary trip to Hawaii was amazing! They even worked with the team in Maui (remotely from Los Angeles) to ensure that we were awarded any complimentary upgrades and that our stay was what we expected (which was amazing!). My wife and I are truly grateful for service that goes above and beyond and this was a prime example; for a staff from another hotel to make sure our trip at the same hotel in another city went as planned is something I've never seen before! We cannot wait to continue to book more stays at the Fairmont Hotel group in the future! Thank you again Joshua and Team @ Fairmont Miramar and Fairmont Kea Lani!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WorldTravlers-LA

Greetings WorldTravlers-LA

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! I am glad to I was able to assist in making your anniversary trip to Hawaii such a success. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Miramar very soon!