1,545 results
All reviews the penthouse top floor rooftop restaurant glass elevator ocean view street promenade beautiful hotel valet parking turn down service luxury hotel los angeles santa monica beach few blocks valet service late check per day the location is perfect
Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed there for a short weekend trip. Absolutely wonderful! Luxurious hotel with very elegant decor, restaurant with 360 gorgeous views & a panoramic elevator. Perfect location, very close to the beach & the promenade.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jake D, Director of Front Office Operations at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Dear Rand A -

Thank you for the terrific review! We value your feedback and cannot thank you enough for allowing us the opportunity to host your visit. We hope the Huntley Santa Monica Beach will continue to serve as your home away from home in the future.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

My partner and just returned from a three night stay at the Huntley. We were in town for a wedding in Santa Monica, and were really happy with the location and service at the hotel. He and I arrived early for check in, and the front desk was helpful in storing our bags, as well as offering some ideas on where / what to explore while we waited for our room to be ready. We spent time wandering around beautiful Santa Monica, dined at The Misfit for lunch and Cassia for dinner. The Huntley is very close to the entrance to the beach, as well as the 3rd Street Promenade and Montana Avenue. We also had lunch at The Penthouse (in the hotel) - the views are unmatched. Our room, on the 15th floor and facing the ocean, was absolutely lovely - very peaceful view. This room also had the largest hotel closet I've ever seen. All staff was really friendly, and we did use the hotel gym as well. The gym could use a little revamping, but everything was clean and well taken care of. Would stay here again!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank schubertalison8

Dear schubertalison8 -

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and got to experience all we have to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back and until then wish you all the best.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 22 October 2018

We stayed as a couple for 3 nights on a room only basis in June 2018. The location is well situated for the beach and pier, the end of Route 66 and the shopping area. Check in was easy and the staff very helpful and attentive to our requirements. we only took breakfast at the hotel which offered a good choice of hot and cold food.Our room was of a very good size, clean and very comfortable. Recommended.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Good Day Anthony H -

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your compliments to our team are greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share your review with them so they are aware their efforts did not go unnoticed. We hope to welcome you back when your travels bring you back to Sunny Santa Monica.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

My wife and I recently stayed at the Huntley for the second time. Same great location, same well appointed rooms, same great views and very good food at the Penthouse. Unlike our previous visit, though, we had a couple negative experiences with staff. My wife arrived prior to me and was rather curtly told that she was not allowed to check in as the reservation was in my name.....all despite the fact that I had already checked in online and she offered to show her driver’s license to verify her identity. The clerk was borderline rude.....unacceptable in a high quality(and expensive) hotel. Oh, and having the privacy sign activated apparently means nothing as a housekeeper entered the room anyway as I was exiting the shower. We were both surprised and disappointed by these shortfalls in customer service given our previous positive experience at the Huntley. A bit of a customer service reboot is in order(though, in fairness, most of the staff was quite helpful).

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank rgsmsn
Jake D, Director of Front Office Operations at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear rgsmsn -

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us regarding your recent visit. I'm so sorry for your frustrating arrival experience. For the safety and security of our guests, we have a strict policy allowing guests access to a room if there name is not registered on the reservation. I can assure you that our team is well trained in this area and will make every attempt to contact the registered guest to obtain proper approval to allow access to the room. Additionally, I'm shocked to hear of your experience with with our Housekeeping team. I've reached out to you directly to obtain further details about your visit to further investigate this concern. I look forward to speaking with you further and providing a solution that will regain your faith in our hotel. Until then, please allow your wife to know of our sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 12 October 2018

We spent the weekend in Santa Monica, and were pleasantly surprised by the Huntley. The room was impeccable, the service was excellent, and our location (one block away from the beach, a few blocks away from Santa Monica Pier) was ideal. Only minor complaint was the smell of sewage backup each time we showered. We mentioned it to reception, they said it would be promptly addressed, unfortunately it continued to be an issue throughout our stay. The smell was strong enough that we had to leave the bathroom fan running through the night as not to permeate throughout the room. We were on the 4th floor. Don't know if this is an issue throughout the hotel, but it was nauseating at times. Would definitely stay here again for the cleanliness and the location.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank tiganca
Jake D, Director of Front Office Operations at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Good Day Tiganca -

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. I'm so sorry to learn of the awful smell you experience coming from your drain and the lack of follow through from our team. Whenever a challenge may occur with one of our guests, our standard is to ensure its fully resolved in a timely manner and up to our guests satisfaction. Your review has been shared with our teams to stress the importance of following up with our guests as it turned your experience from exceptional to okay. I've sent you a direct message to obtain further details from your visit to ensure we provide a permanent solution to the issue you experienced.

Please reach out to me directly during your next visit. I would love to ensure you have a seamless experience from start to finish. Until then, we wish you nothing but the best.