2,764 results
All reviews veranda restaurant art deco great location the santa monica pier watching the world ocean view street promenade valet parking people watch lovely hotel an older hotel ocean blvd mini bar valet service rooms are small two blocks los angeles
Reviewed 19 September 2018

From the moment Carlos picked up my bags at the curb until I checked in with Lillian I could talk I was going to love the Georgian. My room was an amazingly spacious corner suite on the 7th floor that looked out over the ocean and Santa Monica Pier. One of my favorite features is that you can open the windows to the ocean fresh air if you’d rather forego air conditioning. There are also ceiling fans to cool the rooms. My bed was comfy and the room was kept spotless. I loved breakfast on the front veranda at the Veranda Restaurant. Nothing like a lovely ocean breeze and some people watching while feasting on eggs Benedict! All in all I had a wonderful stay and will look forward to doing it again!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel has the promising of being good. BUT, a few niggles wipes out the positive for me. I don't mind paying a higher price, but for the price I expect things to be ok.
The pros.
Location good , room size ok, ( we had a suite as 4 adults sharing) a stocked mini bar including snacks. And service polite ( well on day one anyway)...It was clean.

Cons.
The sofa bed is rock hard...and I don't mind a hard bed but there's hard & hard !...

The shower wasn't particularly hot. Nor did the conditioner pump work, which for someone with long, thick hair is an issue! Surely house keeping would check this ?.

Cups.... 4 people in a room... 2 cups for the coffee machine.... phoned reception at 17.30 after a long day to ask for a couple of cups & it's now 23.45 & still waiting !!! Fine if it were just me & my partner, but my elderly parents are with us so ensuring thry got a coffee,/ tea was more crucisl than us...not good considering reception said they would be brought right up ! Also why 3 coffees and 1 tea.... why not offer 2 & 2 or 1 of each for each guest ? You don't know what a party of 4 likes so, if all 4 like tea only 1 person gets a drink!
One of the card keys didn't work either.
But my biggest bug bear & really makes me cross, even at home, if you tell your guests your bar is open til 22:00pm then make sure it is !!!!.... we came back at 21 : 45 & thought we would have a quick night cap.... we were told abruptly, the bar is closed. I said, no, on check we were told 22:00.... we have 15 mins. To be told, oh, ok, well you have to take it to your room.

Fine, I said.... a drinks menu was be grudgingly given to me, my parents felt intimidated so wouldn't order a drink, so only 2 of us ordered... I have no problem taking drinks to our room, but 'hello we are your customer'... a bit of tact might come in handy! Drinks came, we paid, & started to head to the elevato...at which point we were told we could drink them in a couple of chairs & bear in mind there are 4 of us, by the door ( my parents are a couple of years off 80)... no thanks,, we took them to our suite.
I do not expect a bar in a hotek to shut early, I can understand if you aren't staying here,, but we were.
And, as 4 of us staying my parents had the bedroom & my partner & I the sofa "rock ' bed .... we packed it up in the morning, to come back after a long day to find it made up....Great... really helpful.. not...... other than a lounge chair & one desk chair where were 4 of us meant to seat for an an hr or so before we went back out..
Obvioulsy on our bed!

So long and short is, I'm still waiting for some cups so my parents &, us can have a cup of tea / of coffee, the conditioner pump doesn't work , a card key doesn't work, and your bar shuts when it likes....woul

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Our third stay here was as good as I had hoped. We really enjoy the feel of this lovely old Art Deco hotel. Though the King rooms you will find small by American standards, the suites are spacious. Beds are very comfortable, pillows better than most. Dining or having a drink on the verandah is great for people watching, and “happy hour” from 3 till 6 even better. All the staff we dealt with were friendly, we will definitely return. And with so many Dining options nearby why not! My tip is an Ocean View room for best value.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank davenstacey
Reviewed 16 September 2018

I came here for my birthday and it was the best experience! We booked the kind suite with an ocean view and it was incredible! The room was so nice and all of the staff was very attentive and generous. I highly recommend staying here!!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2018

Lovely hotel, great location, friendly service. One elevator was out which was unfortunate, but the communication to guests was good. Requiring a minimum amount of characters in the review is ridiculous....

• Trip type: Travelled on business