“Yummy poke”

Ranked #83 of 705 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

Excellent poke. Had the salmon and added extras including the seaweed salad. Could have had a bowl of just that. Friendly and helpful staff. Quick to get the food out. Definitely would return.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

I travel to Southern California for work a decent number of times a year, and have my typical restaurant routine down (aka, I'm in a restaurant rut when I go and typically stick with what I know).
During my past business trip out to SoCal, I knew I'd be doing a considerable amount of driving from client to client, so decided to make the most out of it and actually try something new.
Sweetfin was number one on my "must try" list, and it made me a believer in going out of my way (in this case, an hour out of my way, since Santa Monica was nowhere near where I needed to be).
The poke is delicious - some of the best I've had. The fish tasted so incredibly fresh, and even though when I arrived there was a pretty decent sized line, it moved so quickly, thanks to the employees who knew how to keep the line moving.
The Sweetfin menu allows you to either choose a signature poke bowl (they have vegetarian bowls too) or build your own. You can choose between a small or large bowl (I obviously went large - go big or go home).
I went for the signature Spicy Tuna bowl (~$9//$14 depending on size) with bamboo rice, bean sprouts, napa cabbage, carrots, kale, and snow peas. Since the restaurant was packed, I got it to go and headed to the beach to enjoy it by the water.
Oh my god. This was absolutely incredible poke - I cannot think of a comparison to how delicious and fresh it was. The toppings were perfect, the portion was huge (though I couldn't finish the entire large bowl), and wasn't overly salty, which is a huge plus.
It was just a good vibe there, and definitely deserves the high reviews and huge Instagram following. I will definitely be back - this is one spot that deserves to become a regular haunt.

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

I love poke and this joint is very good. Been to a few others in Los Angeles and I loved this place the best. Really good quality fish.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

Street parking or nearby parking garages but be sure to read signs and pay the meters- parking is not cheap in Santa Monica and worse if you get a ticket!

FOOD- worth the walk- worth the effort! Poke is hot and trendy right now in LA even though I first had it many years ago in Hawaii.
Here you can pick a poke bowl- your toppings- make your own all around $10 if you choose the smaller size which for me is perfect!
Choose your base- kale salad, bamboo rice or kelp noodle - my favorite bowls are the Mango Albacore and the Classic tuna but the spicy yuzu salmon is pretty tasty too- heck if you go with friends order a couple different ones and share!!
Limited seating- so you may have to take your bowl to go and find a place elsewhere to sit and eat it! Worth it! Simply good healthy food- perfect near the beach and Santa Monica!

Reviewed 1 January 2017

If you love the concept of poké you'll love Sweetfin. Immaculate produce and wonderful taste's with a wide variety of taste combinations. Simply one of the best poké experiences in the world! The staff's a bit sloppy but it's hard to mess up with such a great concept.