Of course I wanted to stay right on the beach, but once I saw rates of $350+ for being anywhere close to the ocean I expanded my search and found the Best Western. I think for Los Angeles as a whole, this is a very good value. The rooms are very clean and the hotel staff were friendly. We did not have to walk far to get to our rental car which was nice. We did walk to the beach one day from here and it took about 45 minutes with traffic lights. Walking through Santa Monica is nice though especially the 3rd street promenade area. There are restaurants around the hotel within walking distance. If you have a car the Best Western is a good compromise to being right on the beach. We would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel in Santa Monica's Beach Cities burgeoning neighborhood located on historic Route 66 and easy accessibility to all that Los Angeles has to offer! Mid-City Santa Monica The Gateway Hotel is located less than two miles from Santa Monica's beach side, The Santa Monica Pier and pedestrian friendly Third Street Promenade with an array of luxury shopping and dining all within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Gateway Hotel Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Santa Monica
- Santa Monica Best Western