“Decent Thai food and very friendly staff”
Review of Thai Vegan

Thai Vegan
Ranked #227 of 705 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

I got some takeout from here on a cold evening. I chatted with the staff while I waited for my food to cook. They were all really lovely.

Food was pretty good too, some of the better Thai food I've had in the States. Worth a look.

Reviewed 14 December 2016

Exactly what I want out of a Thai place! If you're not a vegan, fear not, there's nothing pretentious about this place and the flavor is on point- even without the meat. They have soy meat options if you're into that, but I usually just order the tofu and veggies.

So far I've tried the pad Thai, the fresh rolls, and three kinds of curry. All were delicious. I like not having to ask strategic questions to find out if dishes contain fish sauce, etc. And the dairy-free Thai iced coffee is so good! I usually get that to drink or a young coconut with the pulp as dessert. Ha!

I love how the prices here are on the low side while the quality is on the high side. Especially for Santa Monica, the prices are very reasonable. The inside of the restaurant is kinda small and quirky. There are a couple of tables outside (and dogs are welcome) and there's enough parking for maybe six cars in the tiny lot outside, so be ready to find street parking.

I've eaten here a few times and recently ordered delivery from them. It was a Saturday night, so they said it'd take an hour.. so I hopped in the shower and I looked at my phone and saw I missed 3 calls. Oops! I guess 30 minutes was the actual delivery time. I called back and apologized and they didn't make me feel like crap about it (we tipped well when they came back!) They packed everything wisely for the delivery too; no shifting around. So good!

Reviewed 18 September 2016

The green curry tastes OK, the yellow not so yummy, the service was fast, the staff not overly friendly. All throw-away stuff and portions tiny.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

I visited this place the most for food during my time in L.A because the food is so tasty and so affordable. It's a really quirky place that looks like a hut/shack. Very down to earth vibe.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

Food was good for a good price. While you do get the feel of a fast food (dishes feel like as if the are microwaved so the heat is not consistent) all in all it was a good experience.