“Expensive but worth it”
Review of Ivy at the Shore

Ivy at the Shore
Reserve with OpenTable
Ivy at the Shore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 719 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Price range: US$50 - US$80
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: Broadway
Reviewed 25 June 2016

My husband had the chicken cobb salad - about $30 but very tasty and plenty of it. My daughter had the fish and chips and I had the fishcakes. Apparently it is owned by Arni Schwarzinger - he dines there but we never saw him.Service top notch and we were given a box of cookies each when we left - nice touch.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

My family and i enjoyed a lovely Saturday brunch. The scones/biscuits that they bring to the table before they even serve you are delicious and a real treat. The portions are generous and the coffee comes in a huge cup all beautifully presented. The decor is warm and the fresh flowers everywhere make you feel like you're in a garden.

Reviewed 17 June 2016

There are times when chance and impulse work in your favour (which is not to say that they always work). I am walking along the waterfront of Santa Monica looking for a place to have dinner, and after rejecting several, I decide that the next place will have to do. It turned out to be the Dolce Isola which has been there since the 1940s at least. From a vast menu with a whole page of specials I chose a crab salad and a prime steak with baked potato. The crab salad came with a 1000 Islands dressing on the side with the crab itself on arugula. That was refreshing. The steak was wonderful, although the English mustard I asked for became American in the journey from the kitchen. Two nice touches: I ordered an Amaretto on the rocks. The glass arrives duly filled with big ice. The waiter then poured a generous serve at the table. Second, as a takeaway there was a small parcel of cookies from classy bakery Dolce Isola in Hollywood. Take note: the place is not cheap (even by New York standards) and the wine selection by the glass is not extensive. I was ok about what I choose (stab in the dark really), but there was only one chardonnay, and not many reds you’d call hearty. Service is good.

2  Thank JohnSB3
Reviewed 16 June 2016

We booked for 19:30 PM. I wanted a nice family dinner . At 20:15 PM , we were still waiting at the bar, and asked the lady in " charge " if it was normal to wait 45 mn for a pre booked table. The answer was unbelievably rude : yes it is normal because this is Los Angeles. Very Expensive food. Super noisy. Very poor wine list. This is a rip off.

Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

The Ivy reminds me of a costal dining experience in Europe. Elegant decor, professional service, exceptional cuisine. The biggest difference is the costal California menu with an accent of fresh, local and seafood. Our party had the fish and shrimp tacos and black cod entrees, all of were superb. The entire experience was wonderful!