“Nice view but that's it”
Review of Ocean & Vine

Ocean & Vine
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean & Vine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 768 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Price range: US$31 - US$80
Good for: View, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: Pico
Description: Enjoy Santa Monica at its best at Ocean & Vine where breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and Santa Monica Pier are just the beginning. Chef Keith Roberts creates contemporary California coastal cuisine from the freshest Farmers’ Market fruits and vegetables, artisan cheeses and locally-caught seafood. Offering every element of the perfect dining experience, regardless of time of day, lunch features seasonal salads, sandwiches, fish tacos and all the classic comforts. In the evening, dine fireside or out on the beautiful spacious patio while enjoying a glass of wine expertly paired with Chef Roberts’ seasonal specialties, including Lobster Pop Tart, Maple Brined Prime Pork Chop, Warm Potato Lasagna or Pacific Steelhead Salmon. Or, join us for SUSHI AT SUNSET featuring a wide variety of creative sushi, nigiri, sashimi and house rolls that combine the flavors and textures of the freshest fish with innovative techniques and house-made sauces.
Reviewed 5 February 2018

I was anticipating a lot of people at the restaurant for a Saturday brunch but there were only a few tables occupied. We had a table on the upper level, which provided a nice view of Santa Monica beach but that was the only good thing about Ocean & Vine. I had ordered the omelet, which came with a choice of 3 items with potatoes and toast. The omelet was just average and it was nothing to write home about. I could have gotten it elsewhere and paid less but this was at a hotel with a view. The worse thing was having to pay for valet parking. The restaurant validated our parking but we still had to pay $10 or so for the privilege of eating at a hotel. This is a bad policy of Lowes and we probably won't come back because of this.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

I don’t give many five stars for breakfasts; however, this one was perfection!

I had the California Scramble with eggs mixed with lox, onion, and cream cheese with roasted tomatoes on the side. For drink I had fresh squeezed orange grapefruit juice.

This is high quality food made extremely well and which compares favorably to some of the finest breakfasts I have ever had.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We had Christmas brunch as we were given a gift to go here. Since we wanted a buffet brunch and this seemed to be the only one in the area we were excited to go. The setting was beautiful overlooking the Santa Monica pier and the ocean. We sat outside which was perfect.

The brunch itself is pretty small. Usual omelette station and some waffles/French toast. There was lox and cream cheese, but they use bagel “chips”. Strange to me being from the east coast but I was able to score a bagel. There were eggs Benedict, but they were gone and not refilled while I was looking. The lunch foods were turkey, ham and fish. While the quality was very good the food was cold and probably not to code for sitting out. The desserts were few and not worth mentioning.

Overall the experience was “okay” and there have to be better places out here like there are on the east coast. Perhaps just not buffet style. One last thing that annoyed us was that in the middle of the meal the waitress brought the bill and said just leaving this but no rush. How rude. She did that with at least 3 other tables who were visibly surprised as well.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

Went for breakfast and the restaurant was not that busy but they had lots of bookings for brunch later and the kitchen just could not cope
Food was very good but waited an hour for the meal after ordering.
Waiters and managers were very attentive and apologetic, decided not to eat their again during our stay

Derek H, Manager at Ocean & Vine, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Hi Mike,

Thank you for dining at Ocean & Vine and my sincere apologies for the extended wait time. I promise you this is not the norm and hope you will come back and give us another try next time you visit.

Thanks!

Reviewed 13 December 2017

we had breakfast here one morning the waffles were luke warm at best and the butter was so cold would not even melt the eggs benedict that the front desk raves about were just ok very high priced better off walking or driving down to urthe cafe see my review