“Service lacking; Food OK ”
Review of Sushi Roku

Sushi Roku
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Roku is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 777 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: Santa Monica Blvd. and Ocean Ave.
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Came here for recommended sushi and sake, but service left a bad taste our mouths.

Waiter was not attentive at all. We ordered appetizers and sushi as our meal. 2 others with us ordered steak and after appetizers, sushi came out 30 minutes before the other 2 meals. Waiter should have known how to stagger to ensure we could eat our meal together. Waiter never came back with our sake order either. Wouldn’t go back. Overrated and underwhelmed.

jeffrey o, Guest Relations Manager at Sushi Roku, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Sherri, experience is everything to us here at Sushi Roku, so we're sorry you were disappointed in your visit. An a la cart system is used to order dishes here, as the food comes from three different kitchens, so dishes are served as soon as they're prepared for ultimate freshness. However, we still want our guests to receive attentive, informative service, and we use feedback as a training opportunity, so thank you for taking a moment to share your comments with us. We sincerely hope you'll consider visiting again.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

It’s one of my favorite Sushi places in LA. High quality food, and service. Try their baked lobster rolls, it’s one of their signature rolls, and one of my favorites.

jeffrey o, Guest Relations Manager at Sushi Roku, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

It's an honor to be one of your favorite sushi places! Our team can't wait to offer more high quality food and service the next time you stop in for some of your favorite dishes.

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped by this restaurant to order sushi to go. Either the waitress at the entrance was very careless and ignorant or both the chef and waitress had no idea what sushi is and sushimi is. They gave me sushimi but the waitress insisted that it was sushi ! I have travelled all around the world including Japan and I believe I have enough knowledge to understand the difference between sushi and sushimi. Anyways they charged about $43 for only 10 pieces of sushi to go, highly overpriced. The waitress was terrible and had no experience about being polite to customers. Either she wasn’t about her job or she had personal problems. I purchased that order on July 23rd around 10pm. So I recommend the restaurant manager to check the records to improve their customer service satisfaction

jeffrey o, Guest Relations Manager at Sushi Roku, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

We're very sorry to read of your experience, as guest satisfaction is a top priority here, and we always aim to provide polite, caring, and knowledgeable service. We appreciate you sharing this information with us, as feedback helps us to improve, and we will be sure to use this as a re-training opportunity for this employee. Our team would love to get more information and ensure that this is addressed right away, so please send an email to info@innovativedining.com including your contact information. Thank you, and if you're ever in the area again, we'd love to welcome you back for a five-star experience.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

A very nice place with excellent service. The food was good but the maki rolls was a little loose. Try the premium sake sampler - a good choice. We was lucky to get a table - book earlier on the day

jeffrey o, Guest Relations Manager at Sushi Roku, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback. Excellent service is what we aim to offer, and we appreciate you suggesting our sake sampler. If you're ever in the area again, we hope you'll be back to see us!

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

The sushi was great! We ordered three rolls after sitting outside in the heat for 7minutes without being greeted. I walked in a few times to watch soccer and grabbed a water from the bar when the bartender told my server to go outside and visit my table. I went back outside and my fiancé was ordering the food. I forgot to order a tuna roll so I went in to catch the server before it was too late and told him. As soon as I was finished he LAUGHED HISTERICALLY THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE RESTAURANT. It was a gross heinna laugh, very loud, and very unprofessional. Maybe he wasn’t laughing at me but it sure felt like it. I was very turned off by him and the restaurant, my experience was almost ruined. Our sushi arrived and now it’s been almost 20 minutes and my fiancé still doesn’t have any water, so now I’m pissed. I’m about to spend nearly $70 on 4 rolls and Greg doesn’t have water and the restaurant is empty so it’s not because they were busy. I asked for the manager and he was so polite and professional. I told him we wanted to leave and we would pay for the roll we ate. Another roll came out to the table and we sent it back. The manager said to please eat and he would take care of it so we ate two rolls out of four. The server come back over ans said very condescending “HOW IS THE FOOD YOU GUYS?” First of all it’s great because it’s free and because it has really fresh flavor. Don’t come over and ask us how the food is like we are trying to get something for free, HE MESSED UP AND SHOULD NEEDS TO BE FIRED! I’ve been a server for 13 years he is a disgrace to restaurants. The server had no beusiness speaking to us unless it was to apologize for his lack of serving. He popped his head around me and was trying to be cute, boy please. BYE! You lost in this situation, the manager is pissed at you, you didn’t get a tip and we got free food that we tried to pay for.

2  Thank Ashlee H
jeffrey o, Guest Relations Manager at Sushi Roku, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Ashlee, we appreciate you mentioning that the sushi was great and had really fresh flavor, but we're sorry the service you received wasn't in line with our high standards. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and for letting our manager work to make things right. We truly value your patronage, and would like for you to reach out to us at info@innovativedining.com with your contact information. Should you choose to give us another chance, we'd be happy to serve you a delicious meal and offer five-star service.