“Cozy neighborhood joint”

Ranked #5 of 694 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed 15 January 2012

This is not boastfull joint by any means , it gives a family feel. Great food especially sweet potato ravioli in sage sauce, lots of veg/n-veg options, pink sauce is fantastic.

There are newer reviews for Fritto Misto

Reviewed 7 January 2012

My wife and I were passing through LA on our way to Sydney. We spent our free day here going to Santa Monica. After reading reviews we decided to try Fritto Misto.

It is located at 6th Street and Colorado. It is easy to find. We took the #3 bus to Santa Monica and it is right next to Colorado street. It is in a strip mall right there. It is a little hole in the wall restaurant and it is worth the effort. We really enjoyed our experience there.

We arrived right when they opened at 11:30am and had our choice of tables. We were seated promptly and curiously by our waiter. We found the menu to be extensive. The wine list is small but well priced. You can bring your own wine and they charge a $2 per person corkage.

Appetizers run from $6 to $11.50. The salads and soups are half and full portion priced and run from $4.50 to $8. This is for the base salad. You can add things like shrimp, chicken, etc for an additional fee. They have pasta specialties, vegetarian specialties and a “create your own pasta” section.

They took our drink order and brought us bread. The bread was fresh and hot. We ordered a bottle of red wine ($21) and had water. My wife had trouble deciding in that she had four or five things she wanted. In the end she went with the Goat Cheese Fettuccini that included excellent, fresh broccoli for $10.50 from the Vegetarian Specialties section. I decided to go with the Pasta New Orleans from the Pasta Specialties section. Portion sizes were large. Food quality was excellent. The pasta is made fresh and you can tell it. My wife said this may have been the best pasta dish she had had. Mine was very good. There were a good number of shrimp and chicken. It is in a light Cajun cream sauce. Yes for a cream sauce I found it light and not in a bad way. My dish was marked as spicy. Spicy is in the eye of the beholder. We have and enjoy spicy food so for me it was rather mild. For some it may be spicy or even too spicy. Again, if you really like spicy food, I would not classify the dish as spicy. It was still good and I am very happy I got it.

They had a small desert selection but they all sounded great. We did not get any because we were stuffed. The service was very friendly and efficient. If we get back to Santa Monica we would go there in a heart beat and would recommend it to friends and family.

1  Thank Stargazerm31
Reviewed 6 January 2012

There are two restaurants in the chain. Both are great. The serve good Italian food at really reasonable prices. Service is great and I love the sweet potato ravioli. The is a large menu with lots of variety and they do a great job on it all.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

Visited Fritto Misto on Christmas Day. I love Italian food but not as much cheese and this is the place for people like me. They have a lots of dishes but I loved their 'create your own pasta' category. This let you choose your own pasta, sauce, meats, vegetables etc. Great food, nice service, a bit noisy but overall a great place for nice Italian food.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

This is a great italian restaurant, with some great pasta choices. The portions are also a good size.

The deserts were also a hit, flour less chocolate cake and creme brûlée were both delicious.

They don't take bookings, but it is worth the wait!