1,362 results
All reviews rooftop bar art deco pool area two bedroom suite ocean view perfect location our honeymoon valet parking farmers market ocean avenue great shopping third street promenade los angeles venice beach pier concierge retro
Reviewed 25 August 2015

This is my second review, we have stayed here too many times to count and this hotel is always amazing.

Perfect location. Spacious rooms. Delicious food. Awesome pool area and bar. Brilliant staff that go above and beyond every single time.

Well done Shangri La looking forward to visiting again next year.

Room Tip: Ocean view room a must.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Vanessa M
David L, Front Office Manager at Hotel Shangri-La Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2015

Thank you for this wonderful review!

We really do appreciate that you took time out of your day to share your experience. I am delighted to hear that our staff provided you with "brilliant" service as it is our goal that all of our guests have a superior stay.

I would also like to thank you for choosing our hotel during your visits to Santa Monica as our return guests are the reason for our success by sharing your feedback with friends and family.

Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 24 August 2015

We loved staying at Hotel Shangri-La Santa Monica! The staff were super helpful, the room was spacious and lovely, the location brilliant and the pool and sought after rooftop bar was great to have priority access to. Would definitely stay again - couldn't fault it.

Room Tip: We didnt find road side seaview rooms noisy at all
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CJT16
David L, Front Office Manager at Hotel Shangri-La Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2015

Thank you for this wonderful review!

Hearing feedback like this from our guests truly validates the hard work our staff puts in everyday to ensure our guests have a superior experience anytime they visit Hotel Shangri-La.

I am delighted to hear that our staff provided exceptional service during your stay and that you enjoyed our pool area and our Suite 700 lounge.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

The main reason this gets as good as 4/5 is the location which is simply awesome. Very convenient for the beach, pier, 3rd street shopping etc.

The hotel is a lot more under-stated than I was expecting and whilst the front desk staff seemed genuinely helpful and nice - sending us a bottle of sparkling wine when they found out it was our honeymoon, I'm glad we only stayed here a couple of nights.

The room, whilst it had a nice sea view (usually of homeless people sleeping on the benches!) seemed quite old in its decor, no room bar, no iron, no hair-dryer and for some reason a see-through panel at the bottom 1/3rd of the bathroom so that your partner can see your location and lower leg movements in the bathroom at all times, most off-putting!

Would not choose to stay here again if back in Santa Monica. Expensive and I dearly hope there are better experiences on offer nearby.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience and I would like to thank you on behalf of Hotel Shangri-La for choosing our hotel during your visit to Santa Monica.

I am delighted to hear that our staff provided you with exceptional service during your stay and that you enjoyed the wonderful location which as you have mentioned is central to all the sights in Santa Monica.

Also, after reviewing your comments regarding the decor of your rooms, I have shared this information with our General Manager in an effort to improve our hotel for future guests.

Thank you again for your feedback and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 21 August 2015

We stayed here for 2 nights as a family of 4 and it was decorated in an art deco style that fitted the building perfectly. The room was huge with views over the beach, the bath was as big as a hot tub, the shower was very powerful, the bed was huge, the staff were very polite and attentive and gave great advice on local attractions. Wonderful place to start our tour of California.

Room Tip: The beachside views are worth the extra.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
David L, Front Office Manager at Hotel Shangri-La Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2015

Thank you for taking time to write this wonderful review and we appreciate that you shared your experience with us following your stay.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your room and spectacular direct ocean view that is truly second to none in the city of Santa Monica.

I am also thrilled to hear our staff provided you with such remarkable service as we strive to ensure all guests of Hotel Shangri-La leave with a memorable experience.

Once again thank you for comments and I hope you and your family enjoyed the rest of your vacation.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 19 August 2015

Disappointing, over-priced and terrible. No kettle or tea making facilities. No iron. When I asked if these could be provided I was given a jug of hot water with no cups - hopeless. Very unhelpful staff. Roof top bar is good as it pool bar but again - super expensive. This was my first stay in a Shangri-la hotel and it will be my last. There are better hotels, with better amenities and more helpful staff.
The only highlight was the weather and the beach which had nothing to do with the Shangri-La.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Trish F

Thank you for your review.

I would like to apologize on behalf of the staff at Hotel Shangri-La for failing to meet your expectations and the expectations we set for ourselves.

The level of service shared in your comments falls short of the standards of Hotel Shangri-La and I have shared your feedback with our Executive Committee and I assure you that these issues will be corrected immediately.

Though you have mentioned that you will not return to our hotel, I would like to implore you to reconsider in an effort for us to provide you with an superior experience. Should you choose to give us another chance, please contact me directly at dlynch@shangrila-hotel.com.

Thank you again for your comments and have a wonderful day.

Regards,