Candlewood Suites Santa Maria
US$110
US$106
US$83
Priceline
All reviewsfree laundry facilitiesfull size refrigeratorextended staynice studiosmall gymice makerburner stoveroom was cleaneasy access to the freewayroad tripbath showerfront desk clerkcentral californiavandenberg afbfirst floorstreet sideparking lot
Reviewed 30 May 2011

we started our trip in San Francisco and then rented a car to drive down to San Diego. Our 2nd stop was at the Candlewood Suites in Santa Maria. I had never heard of this chain before except that they are affiliated with the Holiday Inn chain of hotels. it was with great surprise that we fell onto this hotel. the hotel has no restaurant and the room is not cleaned on a daily basis like regular hotels but it does offer very large spacious rooms fully equiped with a fridge, plates, cutlery, a mini range, a microwave and a dishwasher. the hotel itself seems quite new and the room itself is very up to date. the location of the hotel is centrally located to a shopping mall, grocery stores and restaurants. we stayed in Santa Maria only enough time to shop a little, eat, sleep and go back on the road. for people looking to save money on a hotel and have a place to buy your own food and cook, this is a great place to go to..

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2011

I really liked this hotel, the staff was friendly and gave us a few dining options. The room was decent. I liked having a kitchen available to make breakfast. We were overlooking the parking lot, not the street, so our room was quiet. Free WiFi and parking are always a plus. The location was nice because it's right off the freeway. There's nothing fantastic about this place but it is a good place to rest your head. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank thebabaganoush
Reviewed 3 May 2011

The best room we had during our trip in California - it was king suite - everything was brand new ad spacious - full kitchen, flat TVs etc.

Stayed there for one day on a trip from SF to LA - there is no much to see in Santa Maria, but the hotel was ok for one day sleep.

The only disappointment was the fact that we were double charged for this room (initially we paid with priority points for the room and hotel manager confirmed that at check-in, but a week later the credit card was also charged for the full amount) and it took awhile for them to refund the money and I still do not have a response from their customer support about international fee refund (I have Australian credit card and every time there is a money transfer - an international fee is charged).

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our way to Cambria. The room looked very new and was clean. Our only complaint was the noise. The road noise kept my husband up but I didn't notice it over the noise from the refrigerator. Add on the noise from the airconditioner and it was very hard to get a good night sleep. There is no separation between the room and the kitchenette which is why the refrigerator noise was bothersome.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2011

I have stayed at many Candlewood Suites and other extended stay hotels and this has been the worst experience ever. Since the time I arrived at the property the staff was not friendly, the gentlemen at the desk was busy behind a wall on a computer, there was also another man there I believe it was the General Manager of the hotel. He was busy interrupting my check in and asking to many personal questions and seemed to be very friendly with his staff and guest.
The room was ok, small compared to other extended stay hotels, lots of stains on the carpet and I believe I was in a pet room since there was pet hair on the curtains.
I had contacted the front desk but they were unable to help me, I actually had to leave the hotel and check into another hote due to allergies and comel to find out the General Manager of the Candlewood Suites manages two properties by two different corporation. The Candlewood Suites and Fairfield Inn which is a Marriott hotel. Wierd!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business